tryn to custom build me a triler for scooter

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

destro20101

tryn to custom build me a triler for scooter

Post by destro20101 »

ok work in progress. this is or was a mini chopper frame. tryn to find out what all i will need to make it street legal in kinston nc.
Attachments
not finished yet i know how i want it to look like but mainly just tryn to figure out what all i will need to make it street legal like lights, toung chains. ect?
not finished yet i know how i want it to look like but mainly just tryn to figure out what all i will need to make it street legal like lights, toung chains. ect?
scooter trialer 1.jpg (139.99 KiB) Viewed 687 times
P051313_1204[01].jpg
P051313_1204[01].jpg (168.38 KiB) Viewed 679 times
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

I don't know about the legalities, but surely you would need a taillight/stoplight, maybe some turn signals, in most places.

Interesting approach - I've never seen a backwards scoot/bike frame as a trailer. Two things jump out at me. First, the link between the trailer and your rear rack. I don't know about the Yamaha, but the Buddy rear rack is a disaster for any kind of tongue weight. I think it's only rated at 15 pounds. Some sort of link to the frame, rather than the rack, would be prudent. Secondly, I realize it's a work-in-progress, but I can't tell if you're heading down the single- or dual-wheel approach, as the photos look different. I think if you have a good mount to the scooter frame, you may be able to get by with the single wheel, which makes life a lot simpler. That dual-wheel axle looks like it might go 5mph before falling apart.

Good luck, and keep showing photos.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
destro20101

well see

Post by destro20101 »

the only real secure place on a yamaha zuma to put any kind of hitch is the rack cause it conects directly to the frame from there in 4 spots and you have i one sided mounted tire in rear too the only other place would be at the engine mount and i have sat on it when it was hooked up and it holds me and the scoot doesn't move not one inch.