Chatterbox anyone?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

golfingirl

Chatterbox anyone?

Post by golfingirl »

Now that my husband bought a used Vino on a whim this past friday, we've been riding all weekend together. So much fun!

Naturally, we've been thinking about the best way to communicate from scooter to scooter, safely. I was browsing a bit online this evening and came across the 'chatterbox'. I think it's a brand name rider to rider hands free system that fits under your helmet. You can also hook them up to your cell phone or iPOD. Anyone out there own something like this? Thoughts? :?
Laura
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

oh the ol man would hate this...I could harass him about his driving all the time instead of just when we stop. :?
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

.I could harass him about his driving all the time
:rofl: That's my plan! If he would shut off his turn signal more often, I wouldn't need to abuse him. Granted, his Vino's turn signal is so quiet I can't hear it either. The Buddy's is sooo loud, I'm almost embarrassed waiting at stop lights with pedestrians on the curb. I've been asked a couple times what that noise is. I told them 'It's my turn signal... a very rare sound in Atlanta that most people don't recognize it'. They just laugh.

Seriously, have you thought about a Chatterbox or know anyone who is using one?[/list]
Laura
Icelander

Post by Icelander »

That's one thing I love about the Buddy: The turn signal is really loud. So loud that people in cars next to me look over to see what the hell the clicking sound is.
Not really from Iceland.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

I've used those in (car) racing schools.

They work darned well. :)
Huh? What just happened?
golfinguy

Post by golfinguy »

OK, I finally HAD to register to defend myself!!!! I NORMALLY turn off my turn signal, OK????

I'm not the only one who will be harassed when we get the chatterbox 8)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

There are quite a few bad reviews of the Chatterbox system online if you poke around. These may be limited to a certain model and there's always the person who got the one defective unit out of 1,000 that were good. This guy ALWAYS posts an online review.

The Autocom system has some high marks. And there is also one from Collett which has some good reviews.

Finally, if you decide on the Chatterbox, you may be able to get deals on the system at New Enough or even Amazon.
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

Thanks ericalm. I didn't realize there were other systems out there. I could only find the 'chatterbox' online. I will definitely check those out.

Cheers.
Laura
Blackeyes24

Post by Blackeyes24 »

Can you let me know what you decide on and how much it costs. I am interested in this too.
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

Depending on what system you go with and what accessories you get, it seems they run about $200 per person. The range is $150 - 250. That's for a system with a 2 miles radius, which is the middle of the road. Not free by any means, but if you do enough riding together... it may be worth it.
Laura