Stella's Are On The Way!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

shark

Stella's Are On The Way!

Post by shark »

I was talking with one of my local scoot shop guys this morning and he said Stella's were on the truck and should be in by Tues or Wed. They want me to get an orange one bad. Would match my VW GTI Fahrenheit that I have. Dont know about the twinkie color thing!! :?

Might work!! :D
Last edited by shark on Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ninja

Post by The Ninja »

My local dealer was not too happy last time I was up there. He mentioned delays and possible QA issues that he heard. He has three on order. Hope to see them when I get my Buddy next weekend.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

I was at the Scooterville Cabin Fever today and saw the Stellas "in the flesh". I even had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Phil himself.

I have to tell you that my favorite is the orange one. Not because I have an orange Blur as the colors are completely different. The Blur is more of a "safety" orange where the Stella is a Tangerine orange, much softer and mellow with salmon undertones. Very nice indeed !

They got theirs last night. Of the 15 they got, they already have deposits on 12 !
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

EP_scoot wrote:I was at the Scooterville Cabin Fever today and saw the Stellas "in the flesh". I even had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Phil himself.

I have to tell you that my favorite is the orange one. Not because I have an orange Blur as the colors are completely different. The Blur is more of a "safety" orange where the Stella is a Tangerine orange, much softer and mellow with salmon undertones. Very nice indeed !

They got theirs last night. Of the 15 they got, they already have deposits on 12 !
You tease! Where's the pictures?
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
Hey Buddy

Post by Hey Buddy »

Here are a couple pictures I took of the Stellas.
Attachments
Sorry, this one has a person in it.
Sorry, this one has a person in it.
Stellas.JPG (127.79 KiB) Viewed 3025 times
Here is a good picture of the Stellas that does not include any people, well except for the reflection in the hub cap.
Here is a good picture of the Stellas that does not include any people, well except for the reflection in the hub cap.
Wheels.JPG (117.84 KiB) Viewed 3025 times
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

Hey Buddy wrote:Here are a couple pictures I took of the Stellas.
Bwaah! Wish we could get 'em in California (where there is NO snow on the ground :P )
ellen

Post by ellen »

I miss my Stella. I better stay away from my dealer till they sell their allotment :roll:
shark

Post by shark »

ellen wrote:I miss my Stella. I better stay away from my dealer till they sell their allotment :roll:
But more will follow to tempt you!! :twisted:
dubbylove

Post by dubbylove »

I called our dealer here in Seattle today and they said they're only getting 15 delivered to them. 11 of them are already pre-sold. The sales person told me that this will be the only shipment they'll get and will not get another for a while. Meaning they might not make any for a while. So that's the rumor he's heard from his boss. Is this true? What other rumors have you heard out there?

The red or the orange is my pick. Out the door will be about $4400.
coopdway

Post by coopdway »

Had a great time yesterday morning and I really like the look of the Stella's. Phillip thought he might have a green one in Chicago, but I'm just not ready to go ahead yet.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... abinFever/
BuddyLove

Post by BuddyLove »

There are lots of rumors floating around of will there be more or won't there. I think it's just to create more of a stir. But I am so glad we got in on this round. :)
coopdway

Post by coopdway »

I was told yesterday that there would be more in 90 days, waiting on tires only to be complete and ready.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

mattgordon wrote:
Bwaah! Wish we could get 'em in California (where there is NO snow on the ground :P )
Patience! I think they'll get here eventually.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Darn, darn, darn, darn, darn, DARN!!!

JUst when I had sold myself on getting a Buddy, these come back!!! I'm in love, again, want a dark green one!!!
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

ericalm wrote:
mattgordon wrote:
Patience! I think they'll get here eventually.
Well, I hope you're right. You sound more optimistic about that than I do....
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

so will there be a Stella section added to the boards?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Corsair wrote:so will there be a Stella section added to the boards?
Unlikely. There's already a Stella forum (stellaspeed.com) with many members.

If a lot of us (myself included) wind up with Stellas, we'll definitely do our best to discuss and support them here.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

Thanks for the pictures! That Stella is one sexy machine.

You can keep your Vespas (no offense Eric).

Will Genuine continue to just tease us in California? Come on, bring us some Stellas!!!!!
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

pcbikedude wrote:Will Genuine continue to just tease us in California? Come on, bring us some Stellas!!!!!
Ha, maybe we need to have a petition.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

ericalm wrote:

If a lot of us (myself included) wind up with Stellas, we'll definitely do our best to discuss and support them here.
but wouldn't it be great to have all things Genuine in one place :)
Dave R
Dealer

Post by Dave R »

they have made it to Seattle :D
Attachments
Blue Stella.jpg
Blue Stella.jpg (39.89 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
Stella's in a row.jpg
Stella's in a row.jpg (29.22 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
Ducati Seattle/Genuine Scooters Seattle is now on Facebook at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Genuine-S ... 555?ref=ts
Please become a fan
maryvu

Post by maryvu »

here here! she rides great! The only avocado Stella running in Seattle at the moment!
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

maryvu wrote:Image

here here! she rides great! The only avocado Stella running in Seattle at the moment!
hey, it matches my SI! :)
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
Just_Jess

Post by Just_Jess »

pcbikedude wrote:
Will Genuine continue to just tease us in California? Come on, bring us some Stellas!!!!!

Ha, maybe we need to have a petition
Aren't there legal issues standing in our way of getting a stella. I was at No Ho scooters the other day and we were discussing the fact that these scooters are not available here and just how badly Californians want them.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Just_Jess wrote:
pcbikedude wrote:

Ha, maybe we need to have a petition
Aren't there legal issues standing in our way of getting a stella. I was at No Ho scooters the other day and we were discussing the fact that these scooters are not available here and just how badly Californians want them.
With the original Stellas, the problem was that CA had stricter emissions requirements (the CARB standards) than the rest of the US. Stella hadn't passed the CARB test when they stopped production when the factory in India went on strike. Since then, the US has adopted standards as strict as CARB, so the new Stella passes. The problem with getting them in CA now is that we have additional emissions-related mechanical/specs requirements (aside from the actual emissions). SO, a CA Stella may require some additional engine modifications. But this isn't — as some people have said — impossible. Unfortunately, some mods (such as the evap hose on modern scoots)) effect performance. That's easily, uh, rectified.
5 bud7

stellas in calif.

Post by 5 bud7 »

I had the opinion that all 2- stroke engines are illegal in calif. With the oil and gas mix, there is no way to clean up the exhaust to pass emissions. also, does anyone remember ty warner beanie babies? could this be what there doing with stellas to create a demand? just a thought. 5 bud 7 :o
gt1000

Re: stellas in calif.

Post by gt1000 »

5 bud7 wrote:I had the opinion that all 2- stroke engines are illegal in calif. With the oil and gas mix, there is no way to clean up the exhaust to pass emissions. also, does anyone remember ty warner beanie babies? could this be what there doing with stellas to create a demand? just a thought. 5 bud 7 :o
I thought the Aprilia SR50 was 50 state legal. Can anyone confirm that?
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
Roose Hurro

Post by Roose Hurro »

gt1000 wrote:
5 bud7 wrote:I had the opinion that all 2- stroke engines are illegal in calif. With the oil and gas mix, there is no way to clean up the exhaust to pass emissions. also, does anyone remember ty warner beanie babies? could this be what there doing with stellas to create a demand? just a thought. 5 bud 7 :o
I can... I live in California, and a dealer I used to frequent had one on the floor for a while, some time back. Don't know if they're still being brought in. I haven't seen one since, and I think it's been near two years ago....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Roose Hurro wrote:
gt1000 wrote:
I can... I live in California, and a dealer I used to frequent had one on the floor for a while, some time back. Don't know if they're still being brought in. I haven't seen one since, and I think it's been near two years ago....
No, 2 strokes are not illegal in CA. The Rattler 110 is a 2 stroke. It's all about emissions and making a few concessions for CARB specs. Otherwise, the state doesn't care what kind of engine it is.
JokerJim

Post by JokerJim »

I paid for my Avocado Stella this afternoon. We got 5" of snow last night so riding before Saturday is not likely to happen.

I'm keeping OLIVE, was tempted to trade her in for the Stella but I just couldn't give her up yet.

Here's to SHIFTIN for the first time EVER.
:shock:

Joker
Mmmmm Crab Rangoon
coopdway

Post by coopdway »

Jim,
Can't wait to hear your impressions comparing your two machines. I CAN wait until the snow leaves however. Keep us posted!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

JokerJim wrote:I paid for my Avocado Stella this afternoon. We got 5" of snow last night so riding before Saturday is not likely to happen.

I'm keeping OLIVE, was tempted to trade her in for the Stella but I just couldn't give her up yet.

Here's to SHIFTIN for the first time EVER.
:shock:

Joker
It's been a LONG time since I've ridden a shifter. My dealer once offered me one as a loaner when my scoot was laid up waiting for a part. I was tempted, but, well... was afraid of flubbing it on someone else's scoot. :)

But I'm looking forward to having one in the garage... eventually. My "private" scooter tech is tempting me with some restorations he's working on.
Dan Buddy

Post by Dan Buddy »

Just got an email from my local shop. The new Stellas came in today! Going in Saturday to pick mine out. They received Green, Black, Red and Blue. Really leaning towards the Green because I'm a sucker for the whitewalls. Like the blue too but probably a little to "metro" for a 6'1" 250lbs guy like me. Decisions..decisions..decisions. Anyone have a brown seat they are trying to get rid of?
Drumwoulf

Post by Drumwoulf »

dubbylove wrote: The red or the orange is my pick. Out the door will be about $4400.
WHAT??!! Geez, they sold for $2800-$3000 when they first came out! You could almost buy a leftover new Vespa GT200 for that money!!!!! :roll:

Shifting can be fun. For a while.... :lol:
Rode shift motorcycles for maybe 23 years before moving over to auto scooters. Do I miss shifting? Are you kidding or what?? :lol:
Up-down-up-down-pull inna clutch-stop-go-stop-go-up-down-pull inna clutch-up-down, --hey, ya know what? -Fergetabouddit!!! 8)

Best thing about Stellas are their very cool looks... Someone should make a quality auto 4-stroke with that boxy PX look; I'd be all over it in a minnit!! Always thought Vespa missed (and still misses) the boat on that concept!! :P
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

maryvu wrote:Image

Nice! Y'all keep those Stella pix coming!
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

Shifting can be fun. For a while.... Laughing
Rode shift motorcycles for maybe 23 years before moving over to auto scooters. Do I miss shifting? Are you kidding or what?? Laughing
Up-down-up-down-pull inna clutch-stop-go-stop-go-up-down-pull inna clutch-up-down, --hey, ya know what? -Fergetabouddit!!! Cool
It's funny, but I do miss shifting! Our one car has to be an auto because the primary driver (not me) wants it that way for commuting. I far prefer a good manual transmission with a good clutch. The problem is that good ones are getting harder and harder to find. Some Honda/Acura manuals are very good as are some BMW models and I found the Mini to have an above average manual as well, but VW's and Audi's are average at best.

Bikes are different. Lots of bikes have great manual transmissions combined with beautiful clutch take-up. I love my Ducati's gearbox and I'm thankful that I have a bike with such a fine transmission, but the clutch is heavy. Would I want it as my only bike? Hard to say, it's a blast to ride. But in my stop and go commute, a modern CVT scoot is the way to go. In fact, I've pretty much crossed a Stella off my list. When the time comes for a new scoot to replace the Buddy, it'll be a CVT.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
poop colored buddy

Post by poop colored buddy »

ericalm wrote:

Please start a forum here for stellas! I now have a new green one, and although the guys over at stellaspeed are knowledgable, they are kind of snotty and arogant. I would MUCH rather discuss stellas with you fine people.
I have the scoots!
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Yeah I would like it if you could find all genuine brand scooters here
Sharon

Post by Sharon »

I LOVE the look of the new Stella but just don't want to mess with the shifting. I would a Buddy 125 with the Stella looks
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yesterday, my wife posted this to her Twitter feed, causing me to beam with pride and joy:
How badass would I be if I rode a shifter scooter? I really want a Stella. A red one. May be time for a trade-in soon.
New Scooterworks circular came in the mail and she got suckered by the scooterporn.

(If you're a Twitterer or have no idea what that is, check it here. Yes, it's one more time-consuming bloggy social networky addictive thingy.)