2009 Buddy International 150 Pamplona bent rim.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

TnShrubber

2009 Buddy International 150 Pamplona bent rim.

Post by TnShrubber »

The scooter shop in Nashville, East Side Scooters, closed over a year ago. Now I am left with nowhere to get my scooter repaired. I have a rim that is bent just so slightly that it will not hold a seal against the tire. Where I have countlessly re-pumped it up (and inevitably gone a little flat each ride) the tire is no longer safe to ride on.

I've tried to bend the rim back in place with no luck. My question is, where can I find a replacement rim for my scooter? I've done countless google searches. I've went to all the major scooter websites. I have it at a Motorcycle/Kymco scooter repair shop and they cannot seem to locate what I am looking for either. Any advice would be much appreciated. I really don't want to have to carry it all the way down to Chattanooga to get it fixed.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Scooterworks in Chicago is part of Genuine Scooters (the Buddy importer). Contact them to order a new rim if you have struck out on eBay and the like.
Throwback7R

Post by Throwback7R »

front or rear ?
Front is #9
http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/buddy125frontwheel

I am sure scooterworks.com has them as well just call the 800 number
TnShrubber

Post by TnShrubber »

It is for the rear. Does scooterworks have parts that are not on the website?
TnShrubber

Post by TnShrubber »

I guess another question on your response Throwback is would are the Buddy 125 and Buddy 150 parts interchangeable? Could I purchase the rear wheel for a 125 and have it fit correctly on the 150?
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Scooterworks does have parts available that are not listed on their website. I believe the rear wheel of a 150 or 125 are the same.

I also thought that one of the guys from ESS is working on Genuine Scooters out of another location. Saw something about that here, I think.
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

There is or was an authorized repair shop. The Genuine site appears down otherwise I'd look it up. Scooterworks, I believe can get you parts that aren't listed on their site if you call them.
MB #2349
Throwback7R

Post by Throwback7R »

http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/buddy50rearwheel
http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/buddy125rearwheel

For the rear wheel.. I believe they all use the same wheels the 125 and the 150 share a lot of the same parts. mostly internal parts are different "piston sleeve , etc"

If it were me I would call scooterworks

But that is just me. [/url]
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Throwback7R wrote:If it were me I would call scooterworks
1-888-968-3772
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

+1 on calling Scooterworks. It's the best and quickest way to get your questions answered. I've had very good luck just picking up the phone and talking to them.

And yes, they definitely carry and sell parts that aren't on the web site.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
TnShrubber

Post by TnShrubber »

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Yep, calling Scooterworks is definitely the way to go! New rim and tire are in the mail...free shipping!
rentonhighlander

Post by rentonhighlander »

Any motorcycle shop should have the equipment (press, hammer, etc.) to bend it back. I know because I've had both bent back and my front rim could use some straightening again.