Lowering your blur 220i and performance exhaust!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

whatnow

Lowering your blur 220i and performance exhaust!

Post by whatnow »

Hi Everyone,

New Blur owner here and I got to tell ya I just love this Scoot! However, I didn't like how high it sits.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in a lowering kit for your blur? I have already figured out the MODS on mine and it makes a HUGE difference. The kit will include a new 2 inch lowered seat and a new adjustable shock (and it's not as stiff as the stock shock). The shock lowers the scoot about 2 inches as well and still plenty of ground clearance There is a very slight modification that needs to be done and overall it's fairly easy to install.

Just wondering if there is any interest.

With the seat and shock it's going to be about $275 shipped.

Let me know if anyone is interested so I can order the parts to put together the kit with detailed instructions and photos.

Also I figured out a way to mod an aftermarket bolt on exhaust and might put together a kit for that as well (requires welding on my end). If anyone is interested in that just reply to this thread!

Here are the photos. You can tell how low it is by lining up the inner rear fender VS the outside fender. From the rear on the stock Blur you can see the inner fender as it is lower than the outer fender, lowered you can't see the inner fender at all. It's just over 2 inches but it looks lower. This is also the exhaust I fabbed up.

Image[/img]
relenger

Post by relenger »

Did you lower the front too or just the rear?
Rush

Post by Rush »

Neat concept whatnow!

Would be nice if the third picture had both Blurs on their centerstands - with the picture taken from the side (stock bike in background) showing how the geometry changes. IMO there is too much weight already on the rear wheel and lowering the rear will make this even more profound. More information about the shock would be helpful. What is adjustable? Compression, dampening, preload, height? How does the spring rate compare to stock?

Major benefit is that these mods appear easily reversible and don't modify the stock beyond the point of no return. How does the ride compare? How is the experience different from the stock version?

More info about you whatnow would be nice as well. Where, who, why, etc.
whatnow

Post by whatnow »

I didn't lower the front, but it raked the front end a little more than stock so it effectively lowered it as well.

The shock has adjustable pre-load only, I have mine set on the lowest setting and it’s a bit softer than the stock shock/spring setup which I felt was to firm. A couple of turns and it will tighten up.

The Scoot drives and handles the same or better I feel due the lowering of the center of gravity and it’s way more comfortable to drive.
TelPerian

Post by TelPerian »

How tall are you? I'm 5'2ish and worried that I'm too short for the blur, that I wouldn't be able to reach the ground.
Rush

Post by Rush »

PM sent TelPerian.
SevenhertZ

Im interested in the bolt on exhaust

Post by SevenhertZ »

Let me know more info. I'm also interested in lowering but need more details on performance.
ScootCorps

Post by ScootCorps »

Whatnow,
Very interesting. I like the results! Can we get a look at the parts involved in the kit and what needs to be done? What modifications are involved? What kind of shock did you use? I believe the OEM is about 260mm from eye-to-eye. How long is yours? is this a seat shave job or is this a completely new seat? how is the seat for long rides? I commute on my Blur 25miles each way this is extremely important.
Thanks for sharing!