modern buddy patches

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skully93

modern buddy patches

Post by skully93 »

One (if not all) of my local shops seem to keep finding piles of Modern Buddy patches. I know I sent some out to a few of you previously.

I'm not sure how many my local shop has, but it looked to be 'several' in the pile last time I was there, and thought I would share. I know they run $6 with tax.

Since my wife is getting one this month, along with some plates, a class, extra insurance, etc, I can't afford to freebie them to everyone as I would like, but if you've been unable to get one and 'must have' it, I'm sure we can get it figured out.
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

pictures? :shock:

also, does anyone have any of the old SPAZ patches lying around...?
sunil: "And if you spend 40 dollars making a pizza then you sir are a retard."
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I think I MIGHT have an extra SPAZ sticker, and lots of the stickers.

I'm supposed to get pictures of me in the GoGo Gear armored hoodie this weekend for Arlene, and it's part of the patches, so I'll take a picture. here's an old thread with a picture

topic15070.html
theflash784

Modern Buddy Patches

Post by theflash784 »

If you could find some, I would love to have 2. If you have a pay pal account, I could send you some funds to cover the patches and shipping. Or I could mail off a money order to you- whichever would be easier. Thanks
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Sign me up. Paypal?
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

i'd love a spaz patch if you've got one.

i'll mail you a money order if thats alright, the last time i used paypal (on etsy) someone in new jersey went to town at a baby furniture store with my card number. p.s. trying to figure out why your card is declining at a bar at 2am when you're 3 sheets to the wind is humiliating to say the least (fraud protection). damn you, new jersey!! ::shakes fist::
sunil: "And if you spend 40 dollars making a pizza then you sir are a retard."
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
tommyred

Post by tommyred »

madtolive wrote:i'd love a spaz patch if you've got one.

i'll mail you a money order if thats alright, the last time i used paypal (on etsy) someone in new jersey went to town at a baby furniture store with my card number. p.s. trying to figure out why your card is declining at a bar at 2am when you're 3 sheets to the wind is humiliating to say the least (fraud protection). damn you, new jersey!! ::shakes fist::
your credit card theft has nothing to do with PayPal. I've been using PayPal since the late 90's with no problem.
The Reverend Wage
Ordained Dudeist Priest ☯�
Abide!
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Well I'm headed to the shop this week so I will look them up.

I'll also check and see what patches/stickers I have laying around for SPAZ. I overbought last year :P
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

I would adore an MB patch. Just message me Paypal and details :)
theemptythrone

Post by theemptythrone »

Yes please
Send one my way
CapnK

Post by CapnK »

skully93 -

Sign me up for a patch, or two , if you can get them. :) PM details of where to send payment via snail mail.

(I used PayPal since the late 90's as well, but have found out - much to my chagrin - that the maxim that they *always* side with the buyer to be true. Like they did with the buyer who stole the guts out of the GPS I sent him that cost me over $200, and PP let him get away with it despite the fact that I sent PP a link to a time/date stamped video *showing the GPS to be working along with the packing slip bearing the buyers name*, which they never even bothered to look at it before ruling in his favor. So...

TL;DR - I no longer use PayPal.)
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - M. Twain
Throwback7R

Post by Throwback7R »

I would enjoy a patch as well.. Patches and buttons are fun.
Just PM me the details

Thanks
skully93

Post by skully93 »

OK. As promised I'll give myself a note. I'm stopping by one dealer today to get an oil filter for a home oil change on one scoot, and another dealer for a covered service on the weekend. I'll pick up any that I can, I think they're all of $5 a piece, assuming they charge full price. I got a batch a while ago and I paid a few bucks, and they gave me a pile :P.
vwgrl1999

Post by vwgrl1999 »

I would definitely be down for a MB patch. Paypal.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

If it doesn't look like this, it's counterfeit. :)
Attachments
MBpatch-1a.jpg
MBpatch-1a.jpg (71.94 KiB) Viewed 1563 times
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
skully93

Post by skully93 »

ericalm wrote:If it doesn't look like this, it's counterfeit. :)
I know! They're true patches. I think they just keep finding them in boxes in the back.

The Boulder shop didn't have any left. They do have a very nice, OG pink corazzo bag if someone wants it though. It's been there a while :P.

Saturday I will offer to pick up the lot and see what they give 'em to me for. I think they're tired of seeing them.

Sent a pair to Aliwinn last year, thinking 'well that's it, they're gone!". Then the sales guy plopped down another stack upon my next visit. He looked like he wanted to burn them.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Oh, is this at Sportique? I think I remember sending them a bunch way back when.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

I'd like a patch to go with the Modern Buddy sticker I got from Phil at the Celebration ride he did in Tucson.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I picked up 9, there are 3 left at the shop in a pinch.

They cost me a few bucks more than I thought (no worries, I got them on a card :D ). It was the absolute last batch so I thought it was worth it.

They were @ 7.50 with tax, if that's still alright, go ahead and pm me. If there's more requests than patches, I'll do the 1 instead of 2 for those that requested more. I'm not afraid to go back for the last 3 in a week either if people really want em. How much would shipping run? I don't wanna rip anyone off, just trying to spread the MB love!

Madtolive, I will see if I can find the leftover spaz stuff this week.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I apologize as we had some riders collide this weekend and it put me behind.

poor excuse, I promise I'll do it early this week (this weekend is rally weekend, so it's gotta get done before then).
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Just a quick update, heavy downpours and a rally weekend are causing a slight delay, but they shall go out.

Our post office is just the devil's armpit. It's the only one for several miles, yet they can't have more than 2 people doing anything, and then people go up there totally unprepared. It's like the DMV.

I've received payments from 2 folks, and a couple of you discussed sending checks, which is fine (I trust y'all, plus if you don't cover your patch I will just publicly shame you ). Only 3 people have given me addresses or anything :P.

If you previously requested a patch (or 2) please PM me your address that you want it sent to, and names if you like so I can pretend I am organized, make a list, and check it off. I'd like to go to the post office ONCE if at all possible. If I don't get addresses soon I'll just do the multiple patches that a few folks have wanted.

Thanks!

~Ryan