Bailout Bag! Get it while it's CHEAP!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pugbuddy

Bailout Bag! Get it while it's CHEAP!

Post by pugbuddy »

The best bag ever. Really!

http://is.gd/UHf9ud
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
CapnK

Post by CapnK »

Many Thanks for the heads up. Been planning on getting one, & now, for the same money, got three! :)
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - M. Twain
skully93

Post by skully93 »

oh man, tanks! that rocks.
skipper20

Re: Bailout Bag! Get it while it's CHEAP!

Post by skipper20 »

pugbuddy wrote:The best bag ever. Really!

http://is.gd/UHf9ud
I like it. Plenty of room for my 9mm Glock and spare ammo clips.

Bill in Seattle :wink:
'12 170i Italia "The Olive Pit"
gar1013

Post by gar1013 »

Dagnabit.

Why is it you never buy JUST the one thing that seems like it's a really cool deal? :P

Those peel and stick lights in the closeout section look really useful.
TVB

Post by TVB »

And a perfect opportunity to also restock on handcuffs, combat boots, ugly Christmas sweaters, and zombie survival gear.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

And tactical bacon.
LA Police Gear Tested and Approved! Tastes so good its like you just made it for breakfast (or lunch or dinner or snacktime).

Its Tactical Bacon in a can. Fully cooked and fully prepared. 10+ year shelf life. Perfect for camping, hunting, zombie standoffs, end of the world scenarios etc. Don't be caught without Tac Bac! Now with more better grammar!
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Hey! We all need tactical bacon! :D
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Edited OP to shorten URL! :P

I was just mentioning… There are a bunch of people who apparently think my Bail Out Bag is surgically attached because they've never seen me without it. I only have it when doing long rides and rallies!

It's my best rally bag and holds all the stuff I want at my fingertips when riding: cameras, sunglasses case, sunscreen, bandana, water, batteries and memory cards, Aleve, lip balm, eye drops and (if needed) a sweater or extra layer.
Attachments
Me & BOB, rally buddys.
Me & BOB, rally buddys.
bob.jpg (39.85 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
CapnK

Post by CapnK »

Mine are listed on the tracking site as "Out for delivery."

/me does the happydance

I'm really interested to see one in the flesh, so to speak. Based on Eric's picture, they are a bit larger than I thought - which is good, for toting my laptop to outcalls and such.

:)
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - M. Twain
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

My old 14" laptop would fit in my TBOB with a good bit of squeezing. I told the support guys here at the office that when I came up for renewal, I wanted the newer 12" model - SSD drive, higher resolution, smaller, lighter, what's not to like? I hook up to a big monitor in the office anyway. Tragically, my regular support guy was on vacation when my number came up, and his replacement proudly brought me a new, bigger 15" model. Grrrr. "Take it back," says I. "Can't - it's on the books now," says he. Stuck with it for 3 more years.

So yes, I wanted the hardware that would fit in the bag. Sue me. I need to look at the bigger BOB. Sometimes LAPG also unearths some Zombie Hunter bags and puts them on clearance as well.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
TVB

Post by TVB »

PeteH wrote:So yes, I wanted the hardware that would fit in the bag. Sue me. I need to look at the bigger BOB. Sometimes LAPG also unearths some Zombie Hunter bags and puts them on clearance as well.
A while back I bought a Jumbo TBOB hoping it would be a roomier than the standard TBOB (I carry my gear to the gym in mine), but was disappointed that it was basically just taller and longer, not wider. So it's better for handling larger laptops, but after a few days of trying it ... not what I wanted. PM me if you want to make an offer to take a nearly-new olive-drab JTBOB off my hands.
Last edited by TVB on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CapnK

Post by CapnK »

"Modern Buddy Forums - Facilitating Zombie Apocalypse Preparedness for Scooter Riders since 20xx" :P :lol: :lol:
gar1013

Post by gar1013 »

ericalm wrote:It's my best rally bag and holds all the stuff I want at my fingertips when riding: cameras, sunglasses case, sunscreen, bandana, water, batteries and memory cards, Aleve, lip balm, eye drops and (if needed) a sweater or extra layer.
Man! I thought the women around Calabasas who put on makeup, talk on the cellphone and sip lattes simultaneously whilst driving their Lexus SUVs were dangerous.

Which is harder to do, put eye drops in while riding, or put on a sweater? :lol: :P
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

gar1013 wrote:
ericalm wrote:It's my best rally bag and holds all the stuff I want at my fingertips when riding: cameras, sunglasses case, sunscreen, bandana, water, batteries and memory cards, Aleve, lip balm, eye drops and (if needed) a sweater or extra layer.
Man! I thought the women around Calabasas who put on makeup, talk on the cellphone and sip lattes simultaneously whilst driving their Lexus SUVs were dangerous.

Which is harder to do, put eye drops in while riding, or put on a sweater? :lol: :P
On an auto scooter, no prob. On the shifty, a little trickier.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

ericalm wrote:Edited OP to shorten URL! :P

I was just mentioning… There are a bunch of people who apparently think my Bail Out Bag is surgically attached because they've never seen me without it. I only have it when doing long rides and rallies!

It's my best rally bag and holds all the stuff I want at my fingertips when riding: cameras, sunglasses case, sunscreen, bandana, water, batteries and memory cards, Aleve, lip balm, eye drops and (if needed) a sweater or extra layer.
Man, Wish I had the black TBOB now instead of the tan one.

I don't usually wear mine when riding, I strap it to my rear rack.

I've received comments that people can't see my tail light when I have stuff on the rack :( Not sure what to do about that.
gar1013

Post by gar1013 »

JohnKiniston wrote: I've received comments that people can't see my tail light when I have stuff on the rack :( Not sure what to do about that.
What would look totally awesome would be if you wired up some additional brake lights on each cowl. Something like these:

JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

I'm thinking no :P

I do have something in the works for my turnsignals tho :)
tommyred

Post by tommyred »

ericalm wrote:Edited OP to shorten URL! :P

I have two of them. Eric turned me onto them a couple years back. I don't go anywhere without it.
The Reverend Wage
Ordained Dudeist Priest ☯�
Abide!