getting into motovlogging

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Cheshire

getting into motovlogging

Post by Cheshire »

As part of my car-free experiment, among other reasons (and justifications for another hobby), I got a Drift HD helmet camera a couple months ago. I'm still trying to find a way to run the microphone that I'm happy with, but other than that, I'm kinda enjoying it.
Here was a ride from yesterday without the mic. I overlaid a song as a substitute for the wind noise.

Any other vloggers out there? :)

http://youtu.be/JN-HomtEMt0
bgwss

Post by bgwss »

sweet roads in your neck of the woods, my wife is from Johnson City TN. area not far from you
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Excellent camera work. I was raised in Asheville, usually come up once or twice a summer to ride in the Bryson City area. :D
Throwback7R

Post by Throwback7R »

Does the camera work with bluetooth? If so pick up a bluetooth helmet. This is the one I have.
http://www.jafrum.com/Shop-By-Brand/Veg ... et-Rock-On
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Thanks, y'all. :)
Johnson City is just a couple hours away. Drop me a line if you're in the area and want to go riding, if you like. My schedule shifts pretty frequently, but if I'm able....

Camera's not bluetooth. The mic is corded, I just haven't settled on a particular method of routing the extra cable length under the helmet liner or where the best spot for the mic is regarding wind noise and voice clarity. Getting there. I keep oscillating between too much wind noise and sounding like I'm whispering and sounding like I swallowed the mic. :lol:
SockyTX

Post by SockyTX »

Don't know if I would call myself a blogger but I do engage I DIY video work for scooter rides, live music and similar subject matter.

You can see my videos at

http://youtu.be/3ITylk4Ved4

http://youtu.be/8cgb5M1g3qU

Www.youtube.com/sockytx
SockyTX
Hispanic Panic
CapnK

Post by CapnK »

Cheshire *and* SockyTX -

Absolutely love the videos!

Wish I had roads like Cheshire does to ride on - looks like so much fun, and relatively little traffic. Watching made me wonder if riding a scoot/cycle might be safer on roads in hilly areas than it is down here on the flats. Down here, you point the cage in a straight line and can then be pretty much "brainless" until you reach a point where some action needs taken. Whereas in the hills, you *have* to always watch the road - because otherwise it might turn out from under you. :) That to me would seem to help make people keep "their heads out of their cars". Just a thought/wondering... Like your choice of camera location and the musical artist sounds great, too - will be checking her out. :)

Wish I had more riders in this area so that we could have meet-ups like the Rockers-vs-Mods that Socky filmed! I have seen exactly 1 other scoot this week, it went by on the road in front of me as I pulled up to an intersection. Compared to what I see in the video and in other pictures from places which are bigger cities/populations, this place is like The Great Scooter Desert. :) Great video, liked the changing viewpoints and tempos, music was awesome and fit the changes in the video very well. Very polished! Only thing I am not so sure about is the guy in fishnets and stilettos wearing bun-huggers. :? The female lead was much more entertaining to watch! lol

Anyway - again, enjoyed both videos a lot, fellas - keep up the good work! I'll subscribe to your YT channels to get the types of scooter fixes I can't get here... :)
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - M. Twain
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Captnk, I notice on my trips to Asheville, NC that the Greenville SC area
has a lot of scoot riders on the city streets as does Asheville. Like you we do
not have a lot of scooterists but in the Atlanta area there are a great many. :|
amy

Post by amy »

Cheshire wrote:Thanks, y'all. :)
Johnson City is just a couple hours away. Drop me a line if you're in the area and want to go riding, if you like. My schedule shifts pretty frequently, but if I'm able....

Camera's not bluetooth. The mic is corded, I just haven't settled on a particular method of routing the extra cable length under the helmet liner or where the best spot for the mic is regarding wind noise and voice clarity. Getting there. I keep oscillating between too much wind noise and sounding like I'm whispering and sounding like I swallowed the mic. :lol:
Put the mic lead that plugs into your camera in one cheekpad and the mic itself physically INSIDE (secured with tape or soemthing) the opposite cheekpad. The lining will give it wind protection.

Or just buy a little windscreen for your mic . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/boomboomfy