New whites on my Italia!

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScooterNewbie

New whites on my Italia!

Post by ScooterNewbie »

Just took my car in for its 500 mile service and randomly I asked if my order for white grips and seat came in and it did! I was going to put them on myself but realized I would have no clue how to put on the throttle grip.

Lots of love for the people at Noho Scooters! On to the pics (sorry for the quality, only had my cell handy)..... :D

I can already tell the grips are gonna be hard to keep clean.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

nice
twharton

Post by twharton »

That is really sharp looking...elegant.
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
macbodock

WOW

Post by macbodock »

Sweet! Looks very good... You should be very proud!

Kindest Regards,

Jerry
Scootless in Ft. Wayne
Looking at a
Buddy italia 125
DarbyWalters

Post by DarbyWalters »

Scotsgard the grips...might help
Founder of www.LOSTKJs.com ... Jeep Liberty Forum

Lambretta UNO 150cc 4 Stroke...Hope I can still hang around here!

GY6B...4 Valve Head, 26mm carb, Oil Cooler, High Compression head...all Stock...64mpg Top End.
sparkle motion

Post by sparkle motion »

Beautiful.

Edited to ask - where do you all get the little chrome edging, like on the front panel and fender?
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
vaderscoot

Post by vaderscoot »

you can get it at autozone or pepboys
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

That's.Really.Nice.
cowgirl helmet

Post by cowgirl helmet »

Gorgeous.
ScooterNewbie

Post by ScooterNewbie »

DarbyWalters wrote:Scotsgard the grips...might help
Where would I find the Scotsgard?

And thanks for the comments everyone. By the way, does anyone have any recommendations for keeping my whitewalls white? it seems almost impossible to get them like new, especially the rear.
twharton

How Did You Remove The Old Ones?

Post by twharton »

So how did you remove the grips??

I have the chrome grips from JC Whitney (5 in) on order, delivered today or tomorrow I think.

While riding this weekend and checking the stock grips it seems they are on REALLY tight. Any guidance info will be greatly appreciated.

I will be putting them on and the short windscreen this week.

Thanks in advance...Tom
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
Tbone

Post by Tbone »

Tom, I recall someone using WD40 and wiggling it out. I haven't personally tried this.

Scooter Newbie: LOVE the matching seat, grips and whitewall tires!!! It looks SHARP!!!

I'm debating between black grips with a chrome tip or if I can find them, matching tan grips for my seat.
"Life Is all about ASS! You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it!"
ScooterNewbie

Re: How Did You Remove The Old Ones?

Post by ScooterNewbie »

twharton wrote:So how did you remove the grips??

I have the chrome grips from JC Whitney (5 in) on order, delivered today or tomorrow I think.

While riding this weekend and checking the stock grips it seems they are on REALLY tight. Any guidance info will be greatly appreciated.

I will be putting them on and the short windscreen this week.

Thanks in advance...Tom
I think Tbone is right. the wd40 acts as a lube to get the grips out, and then it acts almost like a sticky glue when it dries. I personaly didn't install them though, since I just had the service guys install'em while I was gettin my 500mi service. Hope that helps,

The brown seats and grips would be super classy Tbone. especially with a matching bag on the rear rack.

:shock:
Tbone

Post by Tbone »

I wish the seat WAS brown! I'd have about 3 different options off the top of my head (Including the Vespa GTS brown with chrome tips! Similar to the black one's I'm considering.)

It's a light tan and there hasn't been too many options that I've been able to find.

Due to my Chrome kit, I don't think saddlebags are an option. Plus, as of yet. I just don't need the extra storage. That's right now. Things might change.

Now, my concern for the tan grips was sweat/grime or other dirt showing on the grips and cleaning them. How are you combating those things on the white seat and grips?!?!?!?!
"Life Is all about ASS! You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it!"
dubbylove

Post by dubbylove »

Nice combo! Looking good! Happy scootin'
Just_Jess

nice!

Post by Just_Jess »

I didn't think the Italia could look much better but evidentially it can!
HipCat

Post by HipCat »

Image I want them!
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: nice!

Post by ericalm »

Just_Jess wrote:I didn't think the Italia could look much better but evidentially it can!
Hey, Jess. another new local Buddy rider! Welcome. They're really turning them around quick up at NoHo. I'm glad to see love for my local dealer.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
SERIES ITALIA RIDER

Post by SERIES ITALIA RIDER »

keeping the Whitewalls, White Grips, and White Seats is easy with this little tool... Trust me it works great!!!!
Attachments
mr clean sponge.jpg
mr clean sponge.jpg (15.13 KiB) Viewed 1764 times
Just_Jess

Post by Just_Jess »

Hey, Jess. another new local Buddy rider! Welcome. They're really turning them around quick up at NoHo. I'm glad to see love for my local dealer.
Hey Erica!
Yeah No Ho scooters is great. I've been way happy with my buddy i can't wait to meet more buddy riders.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

SERIES ITALIA RIDER wrote:
keeping the Whitewalls, White Grips, and White Seats is easy with this little tool... Trust me it works great!!!!
Magic Eraser is awsome, but make sure to keep it away from your kids. If your young kids decide to color their skin with markers and then erase it off, you could end up on the ER. Some chemical in there can be very aggresive to their skins.

It works great as intended, though.

Voice of experience.
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Just_Jess wrote:
Hey Erica!
Yeah No Ho scooters is great. I've been way happy with my buddy i can't wait to meet more buddy riders.
There are a lot of scooters in the Hollywood area; I'm sure you'll see some Buddys. I used to ride there every day until recently changing jobs.
Beware of Hollywood and Highland... worst intersection in town for making a left turn!

BTW, I'm an Eric, not an Erica... until the operation, at least... ;)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Just_Jess

Post by Just_Jess »

There are a lot of scooters in the Hollywood area; I'm sure you'll see some Buddys. I used to ride there every day until recently changing jobs.
Beware of Hollywood and Highland... worst intersection in town for making a left turn!

BTW, I'm an Eric, not an Erica... until the operation, at least... Wink
Sorry about the Erica thing, I thought at first you were Eric then I saw the A so I wrote Erica- then I realized you were Eric.
I hate Hollywood and Highland with a passion, whether I'm walking, riding a bike, taking the metro or riding a scooter. It is awful! Highland and Franklin isn't much better either, in fact on one of my first rides out a woman in a minivan almost merged into me around that intersection.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Just_Jess wrote:

BTW, I'm an Eric, not an Erica... until the operation, at least... Wink
Sorry about the Erica thing, I thought at first you were Eric then I saw the A so I wrote Erica- then I realized you were Eric.
I hate Hollywood and Highland with a passion, whether I'm walking, riding a bike, taking the metro or riding a scooter. It is awful! Highland and Franklin isn't much better either, in fact on one of my first rides out a woman in a minivan almost merged into me around that intersection.
Yeah, I used to have to come down Highland on my way to work. I got so I'd just turn on Odin across the street from the Hollywood Bowl and go down Cahuenga.

You also have to watch out for motorcycles around there. A lot of crazy and erratic lane splitting going on where the street curves and narrows north of Hollywood Blvd. I also saw a Vespa GTS take out the rearview mirror of a BMW along that stretch. Ha!