Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blur 220i First Impressions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
skipper20

170i

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Blur 220i First Impressions Reply with quote

As previously posted on the MB general Discussions forum, I recently purchased a used '11 220i to replace an '87 Honda Helix 250 that I had just sold. After having the seat restored by Rich's, now in Kingston, WA, to a more stock configuration (the original owner was on the short side and had the stock seat reworked for a better fit) I took delivery this past Wed. In 2 separate rides I've put close to 50 miles on the bike. Total mileage is now 2,250. The reworked seat feels much better but it's still a bit stiff and I'm hoping it will eventually soften up a bit. Other than that, the 220i is definitely an improvement. No comparison whatsoever to the Helix 250. Acceleration is fantastic, it has much better cornering and the braking is probably the best I've ever experienced on 2 wheels. I had it up to 72 MPH as indicated on the speedo but it felt more like the mid 60s so next time out I'll strap on my GPS and see what the actual speeds are. At 72 indicated there was a fair amount of wind buffeting so I backed down to 65 and it eased up considerably. As such, 65 to 68 is probably going to be my comfortable cruising range. All in all, it's a very nice bike. Except for the Helix 250's more comfortable lounge type seat, I'm not missing it one bit!

Bill in Seattle
'12 170i Buddy Italia
'11 220i Genuine Blur
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: