2012 Blur SS 220i broken hose...

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

GenuinelyJeffery

2012 Blur SS 220i broken hose...

Post by GenuinelyJeffery »

I was riding into work a couple days ago and there was suddenly an audible change to the engine noise. It sounded like an exhaust leak, loud and sputtering noise. I took a peak underneath and saw a broken rubber hose near the side kick stand. It's small and runs toward the kick stand, bends 90 degrees straight up, and then another 90 towards the CVT. I easily removed it. As far as I can tell it doesn't facilitate the movement of any type of fluid. Just air. Does anyone know what this is?
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

I have heard this is a common issue from the guy in the shop at my store. He said the hose is not made of a very durable material and he is working on making a replacement out of a better material. Maybe contact my shop? It could be easy to ship.

http://www.twistnscoot.com/service.htm (Decatur store)
bBiz

Post by bBiz »

It happened to my Blur as well. I replaced it with some random piece of straight tube. It's more heavy duty than the original piece and works just fine.

Also, I think it has something to do with emissions.
GenuinelyJeffery

Post by GenuinelyJeffery »

Thanks for the info! bBiz, I did the same thing. I took the busted hose down to the local auto shop and found a more durable material. Works fine!
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

Glad to hear it was an easy fix!
relenger

Post by relenger »

I removed mine a while ago. Plugged the exhaust hole and removed the rest of the system. I think I posted it in my performance post. I'm posting from my phone now so I'll check later to see if I posted it. If not I will.