which windshield?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scullyfu

which windshield?

Post by scullyfu »

i'm needing some advice re: windscreen selection.

over on scooterworks.com, they don't show any dimensions for the windscreens. i have a 125 buddy and wonder which one of the two windscreens work best. does anyone know the dimensions of the two screens?

http://www.scooterworks.com/cuppini--wi ... eaZ820k_Mp

thanks!
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
ed85379

Post by ed85379 »

I like my Cuppini Short. I don't know the exact measurements, but it doesn't go up so far. In other words, it doesn't even come close to covering my face or anything like that, and I'm short too, but it nicely directs the air-flow up off of my chest, and partially over my head. I also got a good speed boost on my BlackJack when I added it, because my body is no longer a big drag.
MGM

Post by MGM »

I also think the Cuppini just looks better on the Genuine scooters, especially the Black Jack. I don't think the Prima is any taller, just wider at the top.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

The Cuppini Short also wraps around the headlight nicely and eliminates the big air gap that the Prima leaves. And looks damn good doing it.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
sfchorus

Post by sfchorus »

I bought my 2009 Buddy 125 two months ago and it came with a Cuppini windsheild. On a lark, I took it off one day last week just to see what it's like to ride around without a windsheild - and hated it. Couldn't wait to run back home and re-install it!

The one disadvantage is that because I'm 5'1", I have to look through both my helmet's visor AND the windsheild when I'm riding. This is okay on sunny days, but difficult at night and when it's foggy (or rainy). So I'm going to have my windsheild shortened by at least a couple of inches very soon.

My $0.02, I think the Cuppini's are great windsheilds.

Good luck to you!
NikVee

Post by NikVee »

Hey guys,

I don't mean to hijack this thread (but I guess that's what I'm doing :-/)

I'm thinking about getting this same windshield - is it pretty much Scooterworks or bust as far as buying one goes? I like to shop around, but my Googling isn't turning up too much.

Not that I'm at all opposed to buying from Scooterworks, but anytime I can take advantage of Amazon Prime shipping or the like, I'm all over it.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I used to have the 66. It's very utilitarian looking, but offered great wind and rain protection when I had it.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

Scully, here is one of the better threads with slipstreamer install instructions-
topic8795.html
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

thanks to all for their comments. and special thanks to peabody for hunting up that tutorial. :)
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

How about a direct link to their install pdf

http://www.slipstreamer.com/1page_Scoot_30-40-50-66.pdf
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

thanks, agrogod.