Swap Buddy handlebars?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Roofaloof

Swap Buddy handlebars?

Post by Roofaloof »

Is it possible to swap Buddy handlebars? I believe the wrist position is excascerbaing my golfer's elbow.
Throwback7R

Post by Throwback7R »

Anything is possible with a welder However the design of the buddy handle bars makes changing them a little more difficult.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Yeah, any change in the bars would make the plastics on the head piece a problem.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
TVB

Post by TVB »

With some care and the right equipment you might be able to bend the bars to put the handgrips a different angle, but getting the brake levers to also line up could be problematic.
Roofaloof

Post by Roofaloof »

Thanks guys, that pretty much answers my question. I'm going to have to decide if I want to bend / weld or resell it and get a better fitting bike.
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

just thinking out loud here...is your bad elbow your left or right, or both? if it's only problematic on your right, how about maybe getting a throttle thingie that may place your elbow in a different position while accelerating and eliminate the pain. ???

good luck.
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
Roofaloof

Post by Roofaloof »

It's both. It's an injury from rock climbing that's been dogging me for years. It is worse on my right. Once it gets better to a point that I can ride, I may try one of those throttle paddles. Thanks!
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

Riding last summer was taking a toll on my elbow too.
I found if I extended my arms to almost straight-out position it helped plenty (by taking stress off my elbow). It meant that my riding posture was more upright than I usually am.
Roofaloof

Post by Roofaloof »

I was sitting on the scoot and trying different riding positions recently. It seems like arms-extended might help me as well.
MrChet

Post by MrChet »

Have you tried rotating the position of the throttle and brakes on the bar to vary the ergonomics?
Roofaloof

Post by Roofaloof »

I haven't, but that's a good idea. My right arm is more sore than the left already, and twisting the throttle makes it worse.