Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blur 220i First Impressions - Continued

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
skipper20

170i

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Blur 220i First Impressions - Continued Reply with quote

I put the GPS on today and took the bike out for a 20 mile run on one of our relatively flat 4 lane "Interstate" type highways. As could be expected, the speedometer is wildly optimistic. At 72 mph indicated, the GPS said 62mph. Wide open at 78 on the speedo indicated 68 on the GPS. Still not too bad for a 220cc engine and my weight at 185 lbs. with all of my riding gear on. My 220i does have the Blur windshield installed but it's relatively short so my 6' tall frame sticks out enough to create a fair amount of drag. I'm thinking a taller windshield would probably give me a 2 to 2.5 mph boost in top speed. But, I'm OK with 68 mph tops as that means I can be cruising at 60 to 65 mph which is definitely within my comfort zone.

Bill in Seattle
'12 Buddy Italia 170i - 60 mph top speed
'11 Blur 220i - 68 mph top speed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: