NSR: A contest and a gripe

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Southerner

NSR: A contest and a gripe

Post by Southerner »

http://links.honda.mkt015.com/servlet/M ... &mt=1&rt=0

I don't know if this is kosher to pass on here but if not, mods please remove it.

If it's OK, then anybody whose interested, jump on it. It looks really cool.

Now the gripe: I really wish somebody would send me a sweepstakes offer that didn't involve Facebook. I have my reasons for not being on it and wish they would at least offer an alternative way to enter.

Really, how much does it help Honda to have all these "likes?"
CapnK

Post by CapnK »

I'm sure that that is a nice bike, really like the reasonably small engine aspect of it, but I do wish it looked better, less "rice rocket" angular and more classic retro, kinda like this sweety:

Oh, is my bias showing? :D
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - M. Twain
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

CapnK wrote:.............Oh, is my bias showing? :D
A teeny bit! :P

I prefer the classic look myself but the little 250 was pretty much Honda's first stab at the new reality. And a good one, too.

Now if SYM wants to come up with a similar single or twin in the 500 to 650 range.........
Throwback7R

Post by Throwback7R »

My buddy has one.. and yea.. not too impressed.

Not really fast, not automatic, no storage :)

It does have a fuel gauge and a clock so I give it that.
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

OP, thanks for posting and FYI, I just entered on facebook but reading through there are other ways to enter the contest as well. Text, or in person at a concert stop. I totally relate to your disinterest in FB.
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

CapnK wrote:I'm sure that that is a nice bike, really like the reasonably small engine aspect of it, but I do wish it looked better, less "rice rocket" angular and more classic retro, kinda like this sweety:

Oh, is my bias showing? :D
I love that classic bike style.
gar1013

Re: NSR: A contest and a gripe

Post by gar1013 »

Southerner wrote:Now the gripe: I really wish somebody would send me a sweepstakes offer that didn't involve Facebook. I have my reasons for not being on it and wish they would at least offer an alternative way to enter.
DITTO!!!!!!111!!1!1!!!!1111

I have NO desire to be on Facebook. Period.

I'm willing to use LinkedIn because they really make it hard for people to make a fool of themselves, and because it is useful for career purposes. Facebook is just an invitation to a disaster.
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

For those not on facebook, fom the Sweepstakes Rules, emphasis mine:
4) How to Enter
Throughout the Sweepstakes Period you may enter for the Grand Prize or First Prize. However, entry for the Second Prize ends at the end of the Second Prize Period on September 22, 2013 at 11:59 pm ET. There are three (3) methods of entry available for the Sweepstakes. The entry mechanisms are described below.
The following three (3) entry mechanisms allow for entry into the random drawings:
I. Online Entry (for all three prizes): During the Second Prize Period and the Sweepstakes Period, Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes online by visiting the Honda Civic Tour Facebook® Fan Page at www.facebook.com/hondacivictour ("Web Site"), clicking on the Sweepstakes and following the on-screen instructions to complete all required fields of the on-screen registration form, including first and last name, date of birth, contact information and selecting which of the prizes the Entrant would like to be entered for on the registration form. Once complete, Entrant must click "Submit" to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing(s) for the prize(s) selected on the on-screen registration form.

II. Concert Kiosk Entry (for all three prizes): Electronic, self-serve kiosks will be located at Sponsor-specified Honda Civic Tour concerts during the Second Prize Period and the Sweepstakes Period. Entrant must follow the on-screen instructions to complete all required fields of the on-screen registration form, including first and last name, date of birth, contact information and selecting which of the prizes the Entrant would like to be entered for on the registration form. Once complete, Entrant must click "Submit" to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing(s) for the prize(s) selected on the on-screen registration form. Kiosk entry is available only during the hours of operation for each concert, as posted on-site. NOTE: Concert admission is required to enter via this method. Sponsors are not responsible for concert cancellations or delays or any charges associated with entry into the concert; concert dates are subject to change.

III. Mobile Entry (for all three prizes): Entrants may receive one entry by visiting the mobile version of the Web Site and submitting their first and last name, date of birth, zip code and contact information to complete the registration to be eligible. To link to the mobile Web Site, text the key word M5CIVIC, M5Bike, or HFSGrad to the shortcode 95248 on your mobile phone. Mobile entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Customers will receive a bounceback message containing a link to a mobile-formatted version of the Web Site. This method of entry requires a Smartphone with text message capabilities that has access to the Internet. May not be available through all carriers. Entry using a mobile device constitutes your agreement to receive bounceback text messages and, if applicable, text messages and/or calls for prize notification and instructions. Text the word "STOP" to cancel (will receive a confirmatory text); text the word "HELP" for help. Standard data and text message rates apply. Check with your mobile provider for applicable charges, for which Entrants are solely responsible. Not all mobile carriers participate. When entering, use caution and do not disrupt traffic.

Grand Prize and First Prize entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period, which is 11:59 pm ET on October 31, 2013. Second Prize entries must be received by the end of the Second Prize Period, which is 11:59 PM ET on September 22, 2013. While entries submitted at any time during the Sweepstakes Period may count toward the Grand Prize, First Prize, or Second Prize, any entry submitted after the end of the Second Prize Period will be submitted only toward entry for the Grand Prize or First Prize.

Limit of one (1) Grand Prize, one (1) First Prize and one (1) Second Prize entry per person and/or email address for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries in excess of the limits stated herein will result in disqualification of the Entrant. Entries generated by a macro, script or other automated means will be disqualified. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address used for entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online Entrant or winner, the Entrant or winner will be deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. No entries may be submitted on behalf of another person. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Except as otherwise contemplated in these Official Rules, Sponsors will collect and use personal information from Entrants in accordance with their privacy policies. See details in Section 8(i) below. All entries become Sponsors' property and will not be returned. Proof of transmission does not constitute proof of entry. Sweepstakes Entities will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, damaged, destroyed or mutilated entries, or for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operations or transmissions, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials or failures in transmission of entries. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply.

Odds of Winning: Odds of winning any prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the Second Prize Period or the Sweepstakes Period for that prize.
gar1013

Post by gar1013 »

Stilts wrote:For those not on facebook, fom the Sweepstakes Rules, emphasis mine:
Yeah, someone else mentioned about that, BUT...not all contests or sweepstakes have such a provision.

At any rate, your entrance into the sweepstakes involves a quid pro quo where you are either: 1) promoting Honda via your facebook account 2) paying to go to a concert or 3) agree to receive advertising with a potential cost to your per ad, assuming that you use a smartphone.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have an entry method be to visit a dealer and fill out a form? After all, you might actually decide to purchase one of their products as a result of seeing them in person....
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

Thanks for reading the fine print. I just saw Facebook and balked. Funny that they would bury the alternatives like that.

For those choosing the texting route, please remember that STOP thing. Otherwise, it could get pretty annoying.