Another questionable Genuine dealership in Orange County, ca

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jamisfoes

Another questionable Genuine dealership in Orange County, ca

Post by jamisfoes »

I love my Stella but not so much my local Genuine dealerships.

I took my stella to a local genuine stella dealership.
I asked the mechanic to look at an oil leak that's been leaving oil drips on my garage floor and perform the 500 mile service. I wanted the oil leak to be fixed under warranty as I purchased the bike less than a year ago.

One week later, I call the shop and ask them for progress. They said they haven't gotten to my scooter yet and will get to it in two days.

After two days I called the shop again to check on the progress. They said they found the leak and think it's a loose plug of some sort and I could come the next day to pick up the bike.

When I go pick up the bike, I checked the bottom of the engine and sure enough it's still leaking. And, they DID NOT do the valve adjustment. They said they would do the valve adjustment while I wait there. However, they had ridden the bike from the back of the shop to the front so how are they supposed to do the valve adjustment on a warm engine. I didn't protest because they are supposedly the experts...

When I asked them about looking into the oil leak further, they told me their shop works on the high end motorcycles and hardly have time for the scooters. They asked me to come back in a month when they are more free. I was getting the feeling that they are stalling me and don't want to be bothered.

In the meantime, I still have a leaky engine case and have no idea which dealership to turn to for warranty service.
Last edited by jamisfoes on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gar1013

Post by gar1013 »

So I bought mine from Rt. 66 in Marina del Rey -- they're great. No complaints.

When I had my shift-cable related breakdown, as well as my brake light fail, I took it to Thousand Oaks powersports. The only issue I had with them, was actually with Genuine itself: Genuine won't cover a stretched shifter cable under warranty. Not the dealer's fault. The folks at TO Powersports seemed like they really wanted my service business, and there were a couple of other Stellas out front.

A smart dealer LOVES Stellas because they know that there's a lot of potential service department revenue associated with them. 8) :lol: :cry:
SockyTX

Post by SockyTX »

I have used my warranty on my '12 Stella a couple of times. I bought her last summer from Moxie Scooters in Colleyville, TX just west of Dallas. Moxie is also my home shop. My club meets there on Saturday mornings and I take her there for all my needs including service & warranty work. Just last week my muffler developed a crack in the bend and when I went in to have them resolve it. They pulled 1 off of their floor models and slapped it on while I waited and they said they can wait on the ordered replacement. 8 months ago my clutch cable snapped and I used the tow assistance to get her to the shop, they replaced it and had her ready by the end of the day.

Moxie has stood by there initial sale of my Stella and the strength of Genuine's warranty. I am lucky to have a solid relationship with my shop, a shop that cares about the brand and their customers.
SockyTX
Hispanic Panic
magnato1

Post by magnato1 »

I live in Santa Barbara and purchased my Stella from the Genuine dealer here in town, but they don't know squat about the Stella. I had to find this out the hard way.

I now take it to Thousand Oaks Powersports if I need anything. Alex is great, he is super friendly and easy to work with and wants to make sure everything gets done right. I highly recommend these guys. I realize it's a ways from Tustin, but if you can't find anyone else, TO Powersports is great.
jamisfoes

Post by jamisfoes »

I actually bought mine from Thousand Oaks Powersports when I was living there. Now that I moved south, I couldn't find a trustworthy one locally. Too bad I sold my truck or I would take mine to North Hollywood.
gar1013

Post by gar1013 »

magnato1 wrote:I live in Santa Barbara and purchased my Stella from the Genuine dealer here in town, but they don't know squat about the Stella. I had to find this out the hard way.

I now take it to Thousand Oaks Powersports if I need anything. Alex is great, he is super friendly and easy to work with and wants to make sure everything gets done right. I highly recommend these guys. I realize it's a ways from Tustin, but if you can't find anyone else, TO Powersports is great.
Did you have your's in for service back in June (I think it was then)? I saw a yellow Stella there when I had my shifter-cable issue.

Frankly, I want to find out who owns the re-badged red Stella that I saw there last time. He (or she) has got a Scottish Flag sticker, and a Leicester FC sticker.
magnato1

Post by magnato1 »

gar1013 wrote:
magnato1 wrote:I live in Santa Barbara and purchased my Stella from the Genuine dealer here in town, but they don't know squat about the Stella. I had to find this out the hard way.

Did you have your's in for service back in June (I think it was then)? I saw a yellow Stella there when I had my shifter-cable issue.

Frankly, I want to find out who owns the re-badged red Stella that I saw there last time. He (or she) has got a Scottish Flag sticker, and a Leicester FC sticker.
Yep, that was mine. I didn't see the red one you speak of. Mine was there for like two months. Got rear ended and it took forever to get everything squared away, but Alex and the team put it back together nicely.
jamisfoes

Post by jamisfoes »

Genuine Scooters is really stepping up for me. They called me and referred me to another local dealership to take my bike to for this warranty issue. I got a separate call from the dealership said Genuine Scooters has contacted him and he is ready to help me with the issue.
gar1013

Post by gar1013 »

magnato1 wrote:Yep, that was mine. I didn't see the red one you speak of. Mine was there for like two months. Got rear ended and it took forever to get everything squared away, but Alex and the team put it back together nicely.
I'm surprised it didn't get totaled by the insurance company!
p.russo911

Post by p.russo911 »

Would you mind sharing that info. I am in the same situation
Thanks
jamisfoes

Post by jamisfoes »

I want to give kudos to Beach City Mopeds and scooters in Laguna Beach for helping me with my scooter. Also Ken from Genuine scooters for arranging Beach City to help me with the warranty issue.

If you live in orange county, go check out Beach City Mopeds and scooters. They have a great selection of scooters to choose from and Stellas in varies colors and a blue one with a sidecar.
CountryJustice

Post by CountryJustice »

gar1013 wrote:So I bought mine from Rt. 66 in Marina del Rey -- they're great. No complaints.
I stopped in there when I was shopping for a new bike. They were awesome and really made you feel like they loved the bikes they sold.

The only reason I didn't go through with the purchase was because the out-the-door price came in over my budget. Otherwise, I'd recommend them to anyone.