different mirrors

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scullyfu

different mirrors

Post by scullyfu »

i've been wanting to get some new mirrors for my 09 buddy125, but have checked scooterworks, etc. but can't seem to find anything other than stock. where should i be looking to find different styles that would work with my scoot?

i absolutely hate the stock ones. :) thanks in advance.
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

I have a Cuppini windshield, and I thought that the gizmology for attaching the mirrors looked a little clunky. I went with 'inexpensive' bar-end mirrors. Most sellers advertise them for specific bikes, but they're virtually all the same, as long as they fit in a 7/8" bar. Loads of 'em out on eBay for around $20-25. I thought I'd start with these cheap ones and eventually upgrade to expensive folding mirrors, but I'm happy with what I have.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
SonnyD

Post by SonnyD »

Yeah, I think they look best with bar end mirrors.... you just need a dremel or something to open up the throttle tube so the expanding plug will go into the bar....and be sure to cut enough away so it doesn't bind the throttle up and keep it from returning to full stop...
2006 Buddy 125 in ORANGE!..Sold
2007 Harley FLHX in Black Cherry!
1999 Saturn SC1...."Marvin"...Still runnin' strong
walke2jd
In Time Out

Post by walke2jd »

I swapped my mirrors for stock Yamaha Zuma mirrors and couldnt be happier. They are well made, large enough to be useful, and look pretty great on the buddy.

Plus, the price is right.
TVB

Post by TVB »

The mirror threads used by the Buddy are somewhat standard: you need to make sure you get a set with reversed left-/right-hand threads.

When one of my mirrors broke, I replaced them with the mirrors used by the Yamaha C3. Shorter stems, larger mirror, much better construction.

There's some additional info about mirror options in this thread.
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

PeteH wrote:I have a Cuppini windshield, and I thought that the gizmology for attaching the mirrors looked a little clunky. I went with 'inexpensive' bar-end mirrors. Most sellers advertise them for specific bikes, but they're virtually all the same, as long as they fit in a 7/8" bar. Loads of 'em out on eBay for around $20-25. I thought I'd start with these cheap ones and eventually upgrade to expensive folding mirrors, but I'm happy with what I have.
I've got Honda Ruckus black mirrors on my Met. I plan to add them on my next scoot too. They are pretty inexpensive if you like the look.

You can get them from Honda or I've seen them on Ebay too.
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
Rob

Post by Rob »

A few years back after a tip from an MB post, I purchased Zoomer mirrors from Ebay. I like the way they look although the blue tint took some getting used to. I'm not sure if they're still available, but you might want to check it out on this oldie post.

Zoomer Mirrors

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Rob

Post by Rob »

TVB wrote:The mirror threads used by the Buddy are somewhat standard: you need to make sure you get a set with reversed left-/right-hand threads.
I'm fairly certain that when I ordered the Zoomer mirrors, I had to go with 8 mm adapters, standard left and reversed right. I'll have to go back and check.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

middle of the page---it's what i have and love them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/black-silver-mi ... es&vxp=mtr