Mirrors -- replacements for OEM

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

HowHH

Post by HowHH »

k1dude wrote:How are you all getting the Yammy C3 mirrors for $16 shipped?

When I go to the website siobhan linked (Cheap Cycle Parts), they are priced at $19.42 before shipping. I checked 2 weeks ago and today. The price hasn't changed.
I got mine from boats.net for $22.73 shipped ($15.78 for the mirrors and $6.95 shipping). If someone found them for $16, then that was some deal!
Yikes! Those are some pricey mirrors. Good thing the shipping is free, but for that price they should include installation. They do fit with the whole batgirl theme though.
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

siobhan wrote:I FINALLY made a decision and ordered the Yamaha C3 OEM mirrors from Cheap Cycle Parts. Order placed Sunday night, shop not open Monday, "It's shipped, here's tracking" email on Wednesday, carefully packaged box received Friday by USPS. Everything was in stock (I added a bunch of Honda parts to the order).

To say I was excited slipping those black beauties out of the Genuine Yamaha Mirrors Assy box would be an understatement. A big 'thank you' to everyone who offered suggestions in this thread and this other thread (the one that persuaded me to try the C3 mirrors).

I wasn't sold on the black but I'm switching out all the body panels on my St. Tropez to black/custom painted, so I figured why not. Well, lemme tell ya, the black with the blue of the St. Tropez looks hawwwwt.

OEM Buddy mirrors = $50
crappy quality, rust easily (I ride in weather), always getting loose on the stem

OEM Yamaha C3 mirrors = $16.18
far superior quality compared to stock Buddy mirrors, decent view, look hot

5SU-F6280-00-00 Yamaha REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY (LEFT)

5SU-F6290-00-00 Yamaha REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY (RIGHT)

would you please post a snap of the mirrors--for the life of me i cannot find pics of them. thanks!
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

Page one of this thread. siobahn posted a series of pics about 25 posts down.
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

HowHH wrote:Page one of this thread. siobahn posted a series of pics about 25 posts down.

ah yes i see, thanks!
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

k1dude wrote:How are you all getting the Yammy C3 mirrors for $16 shipped?

When I go to the website siobhan linked (Cheap Cycle Parts), they are priced at $19.42 before shipping. I checked 2 weeks ago and today. The price hasn't changed.
k1, I paid $8.07 for each. I added a slew of Honda parts to the order and the shipping was $9.99. While I love the parts guys at my local shop and Brendan always works with me on pricing, this order was about half of what he could have charged me, even with the brownie discount.

It looks like CCP raised the Yammy C3 mirrors to $9.71 each. Shipping costs can feel unfair, but there's no cheap shipping anymore. You're paying for "free" shipping in the price of the goods.

These mirrors have been holding up great, even in the snow!
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

Prices are a moving target in e-commerce. When I finally got around to placing my order, the best price I found (including shipping) was on boats.net. They even beat powersportsplus.com. That's a little amusing because they are essentially the same company, just different web portals.
Oparu

Post by Oparu »

I ordered some yammy C3 mirrors too! Having the stock mirrors flopping around while I'm on the road felt a little dangerous...
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

I have just a generic advertising page come up when I try to view that....
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

michelle_7728 wrote:I have just a generic advertising page come up when I try to view that....

i'll try again, don't know tho, it works for me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/black-mirrors-V ... 3a72878598
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Works now. Weird. Maybe it was a transitory internet foible. :P

You will need to post pix once you get them. I am having a hard time visualizing them on a Buddy. Cool looking mirrors though--even come in orange!
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

Whoah! Those are even flashier than your first choice!

You probably already know this, but those 10mm threads will need an adapter for the Buddy's 8mm mounting points.
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

michelle_7728 wrote:Works now. Weird. Maybe it was a transitory internet foible. :P

You will need to post pix once you get them. I am having a hard time visualizing them on a Buddy. Cool looking mirrors though--even come in orange!
i know, i definitely went out of the box with these. check out the first ones i ordered--ya think they are too small?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Modern-Black ... es&vxp=mtr
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

HowHH wrote:
Whoah! Those are even flashier than your first choice!

You probably already know this, but those 10mm threads will need an adapter for the Buddy's 8mm mounting points.
i think the adapters come with. they are more bling than i wanted, but purely for visual interest i think they will work.
heythere512

Post by heythere512 »

batgirl101 wrote:
HowHH wrote:
i think the adapters come with. they are more bling than i wanted, but purely for visual interest i think they will work.
Resurrecting an old thread: Wondering if anyone has tried these "mirrors VIPER for Honda Shadow VT VTX CB CT GOLD WING NIGHTHAWK REBEL" with the 8mm to 10mm adapters? The green fit the Ninja Turtle look I want, but I wonder if they will function (as in, see more) than the OEM Buddy mirrors.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

heythere512 wrote:
batgirl101 wrote:
HowHH wrote: You probably already know this, but those 10mm threads will need an adapter for the Buddy's 8mm mounting points.
Resurrecting an old thread: Wondering if anyone has tried these "mirrors VIPER for Honda Shadow VT VTX CB CT GOLD WING NIGHTHAWK REBEL" with the 8mm to 10mm adapters? The green fit the Ninja Turtle look I want, but I wonder if they will function (as in, see more) than the OEM Buddy mirrors.
The head is smaller, which generally means less visibility, but it's fairly wide and there are more adjustment options. The stem seems fairly short, though.

On most of the motorcycles this would fit on, the mirrors would be farther apart than on a Buddy. And on the orange Kawasaki pictured below, it looks like they're mounted with some kind of extender to get them high and wide enough.

Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jonlink

Post by jonlink »

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I'm about to be in the market for new mirrors. I like the C3 style, but black won't work on my scoot.

I saw one chrome version here, but my Google skills have failed me. :cry: Any ideas where I can find a chrome C3 mirror, or one that is similar?
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

jonlink wrote:I saw one chrome version here, but my Google skills have failed me. Any ideas where I can find a chrome C3 mirror, or one that is similar?
The photo of a chrome teardrop mirror I posted on the first page of this thread was from a Yamaha 125 Vino, not a C3.
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

siobhan wrote:Thanks for the replies, but any other ideas?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/black-silver-mi ... es&vxp=mtr
jonlink

Post by jonlink »

Dooglas wrote:
jonlink wrote:I saw one chrome version here, but my Google skills have failed me. Any ideas where I can find a chrome C3 mirror, or one that is similar?
The photo of a chrome teardrop mirror I posted on the first page of this thread was from a Yamaha 125 Vino, not a C3.
That explains it :shock:

Thanks a ton!! :D
CapnK

Post by CapnK »

Mirrors? Did someone say mirrors?

:goofy:
Attachments
NOT MY SCOOT! lol Just saw this pic elsewhere. :)
NOT MY SCOOT! lol Just saw this pic elsewhere. :)
SCOOTmirrors.jpg (52.55 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - M. Twain
basilfawlty

Post by basilfawlty »

If you're looking for inexpensive mirrors then you can't go wrong ordering directly from China. I get stuff here all the time (fuel filters, air filters, and lots of nsr stuff). Be prepared to wait 3-4 weeks for delivery though.

http://dx.com/s/motorcycle%2bmirror?PageIndex=1
koyla87

Post by koyla87 »

siobhan wrote:Pics!

And completely random but I'm so excited to show off my boyfriend's mom! She said at Thanksgiving that she always wanted to ride so I've been collecting gear for her. Her next visit will be in mid/late March and I'm hoping it's warm enough to take her out for a ride (I didn't think her first ride should be in 40F temps :). I'm sooooo excited to be able to welcome her to the world of riding (even if it's on the back).
I think i have the same exact yamaha mirrors on my blackjack!

Only thing i dont like about them, is that i have to adjust them constantly after hitting bumps in the road.

i think i see a case of Vodka in the last pic hahah thats awesome
TVB

Post by TVB »

koyla87 wrote:I think i have the same exact yamaha mirrors on my blackjack!
Only thing i dont like about them, is that i have to adjust them constantly after hitting bumps in the road.
I have those mirrors (for the C3). No problems with them needing adjustment. I wish the stems were a little longer, but I like them well enough.
libwitch

replacement mirrors, 101

Post by libwitch »

So, my right hand mirror broke and we tried to fix it. Note the try. The mirror cracked. So now I am looking for replacement mirrors, and after reading these threads I started looking for some different mirrors because I haven't been entirely please with these anyway.

I have been trying to find them in chrome, though -- not black. Most of the links I have been following are dead. I stumbled across these: https://www.midwestmotorsports.net/Chro ... rrors.html which look good -- but are the threads wrong?
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

On the Buddy the left side mirror screws in clockwise and the right side mirror counter-clockwise, so yeah, those are wrong. Well, one of them is. :) Do a search on E-Bay for "reverse thread 8mm mirrors", should be something there to take your fancy.
libwitch

Post by libwitch »

Thanks - thats what I thought, but after looking at so many sites I was beginning to think *I* was the one that was backwards. I will try again tomorrow when I more awake! :)