DeCatting

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

modernscooter

DeCatting

Post by modernscooter »

Update on the DeCatting process. Like I said in my first post I really like the platform that the Black Cat is based on (PMX 50) as it fits me better, but the graphics were over the top for this old man... So I have successsfully removed the stickers and have found a decent method for removing the screened fire crackers, the fender text and the printing on the side of the floor pan... Scooting is fun, as is making these scooter your own.... Now I look like a giant bumble bee :-), hummmm what next...

dw
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Can you post photos? I've seen the Black Cat and also thought the "theme" was a little much and that buying one would be committing to more than a scooter, but also to a love of little firecrackers.

Post by 360 »

yeah, not a fan of the Black Cat much at all...simply because, the style and color are way out there. But I am curious how it performs.
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

I was intrigued by the Black Cat, but it was too small and just too much. What does it look like with the cartoons removed? Pictures would be nice.

ECS
GenuineSlacker

Post by GenuineSlacker »

Go look at the rattler on genuine. Thats a decatted black cat. I switched between two pics, one of the black cat and one of the rattler and the only major difference is in the front cowling and the back luggage area.
"Angels who are forced from heaven have no choice but to become demons." - Vicious
afriendofcheese

Post by afriendofcheese »

I de-ratted my Rattler today after work. Not sure why I did it, but looking at the "stickers" after pulling them off, they look sorta big and gaudy off the scoot. The front one definitely had to go.
They come off fairly easy with a butter knife, but there's no turning back..they permanently warp.