Hibernation time....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Drumwoulf

Hibernation time....

Post by Drumwoulf »

I keep both my GT200 and the Buddy 125 on battery tenders alla time they're in the garage, so that's no sweat AFA winterizing goes... 8)
But just today (1/31) I finally got round to adding Stabil and topping off their tanks!
So let it snow, rain, freeze, ice up, whatever now, cause the steeds are safely tucked away for the winter.. :)
(And if it should get warm, they can be untucked real fast too!!) :wink:
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200
shark

Post by shark »

It's a nice 55F here today. I would ride...only problem...55+mph wind gusts, sustained 25-35mph. It ill frickin blow you off the road. :shock:
The Ninja

Post by The Ninja »

I rode last night and froze my tail off. I can;t wait for spring. I will probably ride a bit over the next month, but not for long periods.
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

Typical Denver winter, with a little more snow than normal. It all melted over a week ago and then the temp hit the mid 60's on Sunday. Over the weekend I was able to cycle through a complete tank on the Duc, a little over 100 miles, and refill with fresh premium.

I've been riding the Buddy all along, except for a few really cold days or during the snow and ice days. On average, it's been a bit colder than normal but we've had some great days recently.

Until yesterday. A quick snowstorm dropped about 5 inches and it's really cold again. Put stabilizer in the Buddy and GT tanks and kick started the Buddy; hopefully I don't have to wait more than a week to ride again.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800