Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blur 150 choking issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
bonina1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Blur 150 choking issue Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I recently purchased used Blur 150, and I bought it from a bmw dealer. The dealer said that they have changed all the fluids, and did a tune up.

Before I start riding I try to warm up the engine, as described in the manual.
As soon as I start the engine it almost immediately (not all the time) turns off, and I need few tries before it actually stays on. When it does stay on it will maybe run for 5-6 min in idle, and then the rpm will drop below 2k and it will turn off again. Unless I give it some throttle.

Also when I start riding, and if I go slow, and rpm is between 2k-5k it seems like the transmission is not really shifting; it's almost like a gap. If i give it more throttle, and my rpm jumps immediately to 5k I don't have any issues.

Also I discovered that I have a small gear oil leak(few drops over night)- could all this previous issues be connected to the leak?

Btw, when the engine is warm I don't have any issues with starting.

I hope that someone will be able to give me advice.
chickdr

'11 Blur SS220i , '13 FZ6R

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Blur 150 choking issue Reply with quote

Not sure about the dying when cold issue. The transmission is a CVT so it doesn't "shift". It will just smoothly ramp up as you accelerate. You could try a new drive belt and rollers if it is rough.
docjones

01 Honda Reflex, 08 Burgman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say your carb needs to be cleaned except the fact it is fine when warm. Run some seafoam in a couple of tanks and call me in the morning. Oh yea, run it like you stole it.
docjones

01 Honda Reflex, 08 Burgman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say your carb needs to be cleaned except the fact it is fine when warm. Run some seafoam in a couple of tanks and call me in the morning. Oh yea, run it like you stole it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: