Stellas in Seattle

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Hypermotarded

Stellas in Seattle

Post by Hypermotarded »

Stellas heah! Get-cher red hot Stellas! Fresh off the boat and into your hands!

At long last, they're here. We only have a few so it'll be the quick and the devoted who pick 'em up. The first one rolled out last night.

Speaking of which...

How's it goin' Mary? Having fun out there? :wink:
Ducati Seattle is at your service. If you have buddy questions or needs, call me at (206) 298-9995. Keep the rubber side down out there kids.
Shortie

Post by Shortie »

Hi Gabe,

Still lovin my Buddy, riding at least once every 2 weeks, to keep the battery up.......BBBrrrrrr.

Have to admit I am curious about the Stellas, will be in this weekend to take a look, hopefully you will still have one in stock.

Mary
Hypermotarded

Ooops, too may Marys

Post by Hypermotarded »

Bwaaaaah-ha-ha-ha! I actually meant a different Mary who picked one up yesterday but I will wait for you and be as helpful as I may to make up for my failure to be specific.
Ducati Seattle is at your service. If you have buddy questions or needs, call me at (206) 298-9995. Keep the rubber side down out there kids.
maryvu

Post by maryvu »

things are great so far! Hopefully I'll get some better pics on the road tomorrow. I'm having fun so far, and it's only been 8 miles.
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

maryvu wrote:things are great so far! Hopefully I'll get some better pics on the road tomorrow. I'm having fun so far, and it's only been 8 miles.
cool beans for you, mary. are you planning to deck it out like you did your buddy? are you planning to keep the buddy or sell it?
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
maryvu

Post by maryvu »

Dear Buddy is awaiting an engine transplant at ducati seattle. I'm not planning on selling him, once he is back to health, I love the buddy!!

here's my tentative plan for stella:

Phase 1: safety/riding comfort: Zippy1 tires, shorter reach brake/shift levers, seat mod by Rich's custom, reflective stripe (undecided on pattern), LED tail light.

Phase 2: cosmetic: crash bars on front fender and cowls (black, not chrome), shorter mirrors, short/mod windscreen, floormat, glovebox tray.

Phase 3: performance: Sito+

that should do it!
petunia

Post by petunia »

I would love to get a Stella but my Buddy is less than a year old and I'm still very happy with it. How did I do with out a scooter all these years?! Hey Maryvu, what happened with your Buddy's engine and how many miles have you put on it. From your previous posts it sounds like you ride a gazzilion miles. Post pix of your new Stella.
maryvu

Buddy Engine Failure

Post by maryvu »

Buddy suffered the human equivilant of a heart attack one night. I was cruising north on West Valley Hwy in Tukwila, when buddy experienced a sudden loss of oil/oil pressure. Pulling into the next driveway a few hundred feet from the "GRINDING LURCH," I discovered a loose oil filter. After hand tightening, I got buddy a 3 more blocks to a Jiffy Lube (great luck, eh?).

At JL, we refilled with the proper weight oil, and I got us both back home safely. The only 'off' thing was an unpleasant noise in the engine, otherwise the buddy didn't suffer any power loss, etc. (I drove gingerly after this, but I still didn't sense any changes in the power train.)

We are all (ducati mechs. and I) are puzzled. I did do a self-oil change about 400 miles prior to the breakdown. If the filter was not on tightly, I would have had gradual leaking, not a sudden loss--and, much sooner than 400 miles. Whatever it was, that's what happened. (I do suspect it had something to do with the self oil change, but who knows!?)

There's a wrecked buddy that has an engine with less than 1K miles on it. I'm planning to transplant into buddy soon. I'm still working on this with the other Buddy owner. (too bad there are no Buddy 150 engines around!!)
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

Seth tells me they've got new Stellas in at Metro Scooter in Cincinnati as well:

http://www.metroscooter.com/
Kevin
AYPWIP?