winter ride to goose mecca (+ glovebox organizer)

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

redcass

winter ride to goose mecca (+ glovebox organizer)

Post by redcass »

The weather let up today--finally we have temps above 10 and no snowfall! I had to take advantage of the opportunity to get out and ride. First, I tried using some gorilla glue to affix the glovebox organizer I recently purchased from robonz23. But alas, it didn't stick, I need to try again. Once I get it attached correctly, I expect the organizer will work really well (I'll post again when I get it done).
Attachments
goose3.jpg
goose3.jpg (84.73 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
see the little bit of lake that's unfrozen?  they love this place
see the little bit of lake that's unfrozen? they love this place
goose2.jpg (68.52 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
goose mecca
goose mecca
goose1.jpg (86.16 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
glovebox organizer in dark olive corduroy
glovebox organizer in dark olive corduroy
organizer2.jpg (41.55 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
RedCass
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

sorry to hear about your trouble redcass, did you moisten one of the gluing surfaces? gorilla glue and a few others need that little bit of water to make it stick. goodluck
redcass

Post by redcass »

robonz23 wrote:sorry to hear about your trouble redcass, did you moisten one of the gluing surfaces? gorilla glue and a few others need that little bit of water to make it stick. goodluck
Yes, I did, but probably not enough, and I don't think I used enough glue either. I'm sure I'll get it to work, just have to try again! :)
RedCass
vaderscoot

Post by vaderscoot »

you could use velcro that way you can take it out to clean it
SERIES ITALIA RIDER

Post by SERIES ITALIA RIDER »

vaderscoot wrote:you could use velcro that way you can take it out to clean it
yeah, velcro was my thought too, would be great for the cleaning process....

how you liking those zippy tires doll???? you gonna put the whites back on this spring????
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

vaderscoot wrote:you could use velcro that way you can take it out to clean it

yes that is what she is gluing to the inside lip of the buddy glovebox is velcro, the sticky back stuff doesn't last that long in the elements. i used gorilla glue on mine and it's on there forever (the velcro that is :wink: )
redcass

Post by redcass »

robonz23 wrote:yes that is what she is gluing to the inside lip of the buddy glovebox is velcro, the sticky back stuff doesn't last that long in the elements. i used gorilla glue on mine and it's on there forever (the velcro that is :wink: )
Do you have clamps, like the glue bottle recommends? That could be my problem. Or maybe I should just stuff the glovebox full of whatever to keep the velcro tight.
RedCass
redcass

Post by redcass »

SERIES ITALIA RIDER wrote:how you liking those zippy tires doll???? you gonna put the whites back on this spring????
I LOVE the zippy's. Those whites will never find their way back on my ride. :twisted:
RedCass
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Hey redcass be sure to let us know when you're successful at getting that organizer to stay! After one more ride today with various things bouncing around my glovebox I'm definitely down for one - just want to make sure I can get it glued on right!!
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

Do you have clamps, like the glue bottle recommends? That could be my problem. Or maybe I should just stuff the glovebox full of whatever to keep the velcro tight.
i am sorry you are having so much trouble with it, i used no clamps i held it there for a minute or less with my hands and while i got glue all over my fingers i was able to get it to stick without a problem, i checked on it a few more times and had to stick it in to place. i did this on a sunny day and i don't think mine is ever coming off. you may want to try something simple like some elmers glue or crazyglue. or you can try the sticky backed velcro. could it be the cold temps?
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

for glue to stick it needs to be warm out above say 55 or so to work well.
redcass

Post by redcass »

justscooten wrote:for glue to stick it needs to be warm out above say 55 or so to work well.
Aha! That sure makes sense. Well, we just got almost a foot of snow, and any groundhogs around here would probably tell us we'll have tons more winter weather, so it might be a while til I can affix it properly. That's a bummer, but I can't ride much now anyway, with all this snow.
RedCass