Long time Lurker.....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pesqueeb

Long time Lurker.....

Post by pesqueeb »

....First time poster.
So the wife and I are buying Buddy's this afternoon from the local shop. I had to run down there this Morning to reserve the last black 125 before they sent it to the shop in Denver, and My wife is getting a Pink 125. I'm very excited about getting these Scoots. I'm a big bicycle rider but my wifes really not into that so much, she however really wanted a scooter and I'm really looking forward to us have something to ride together.
Well both be taking the MSF class here in a couple of weeks so we can get our endorsments. If things go well this winter, were hoping to get rid of one of the cars. I figure if we can park the cars and put liabilty only on them, plus what will save in gas, the Scoots will pretty much pay for themselves in a year or two.
See you on the road!
Take off the tin foil hat and let the voices drive for a minute. It'll be fine.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Long time Lurker.....

Post by jrsjr »

pesqueeb wrote:....First time poster.
Good!
pesqueeb wrote:So the wife and I are buying Buddy's this afternoon from the local shop.
Gooderer!!
pesqueeb wrote:Well both be taking the MSF class here in a couple of weeks so we can get our endorsments.
Gooderest!!!

Seroiusly, welcome to Modern Buddy and congratulations on your new scooters. Good call on the MSF course. Be sure to get proper riding gear to protect yourselves.

Ride Safe & Check in often to let us know how you're doing!
AxeYrCat

Re: Long time Lurker.....

Post by AxeYrCat »

pesqueeb wrote: I figure if we can park the cars and put liabilty only on them, plus what will save in gas, the Scoots will pretty much pay for themselves in a year or two.

Welcome!

And seriously, based on my cost of ownership, I think mine will pay for itself in about a year. Pretty easily. :D
Huh? What just happened?
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

Congrats, My wife and I did the pink and black combo as well. I'm also pretty sure that our scooters have paid for themselves already by quality of life improvement. Enjoy.

BTW, Grasshopper? Angletech? Bentech?! I can't tell.
pesqueeb

Post by pesqueeb »

Brought the Scoots home last night. The wife actually wound up with a cream 125. She decided the pink was just a little too pink. We put about 3 miles on them after picking them up by running down to the Good Times for a burger and fries. Running out now to get insurance squared away. I was gonna get plates today, but our temps are good for two months. Why do today what you can put of untill the end of Oct.? Ha!

Lagerhead wrote: BTW, Grasshopper? Angletech? Bentech?! I can't tell.
Its a Challange Mistral that I bought from Angletech. Angletechs shop is only about a half an hour from my house. If you ever want a Recumbent bike, those guys are awesome to deal with. I've never mail orderd from them but I've always heard good things. www.angletechcycles.com or www.bentrideronline.com
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

pesqueeb wrote:Brought the Scoots home last night. The wife actually wound up with a cream 125. She decided the pink was just a little too pink. We put about 3 miles on them after picking them up by running down to the Good Times for a burger and fries. Running out now to get insurance squared away. I was gonna get plates today, but our temps are good for two months. Why do today what you can put of untill the end of Oct.? Ha!

Lagerhead wrote: BTW, Grasshopper? Angletech? Bentech?! I can't tell.
Its a Challange Mistral that I bought from Angletech. Angletechs shop is only about a half an hour from my house. If you ever want a Recumbent bike, those guys are awesome to deal with. I've never mail orderd from them but I've always heard good things. www.angletechcycles.com or www.bentrideronline.com
Awesome. I think the first week we had our buddys all of our rides were for snacks. Sundaes, nachos, BB-Q, cheese coneys etc.
I put more miles on my buddy that week than I put on my Rans this year. :guilty:
pesqueeb

Post by pesqueeb »

Well right now I split my commute between the recumbent and my Jeep. The plan, as soon as everythings legal (insurance, plates etc.) is to split the commute between the bike and the scooter. My poor old Jeeps due for a much needed overhaul, I'm hoping to park it in the garage for the winter and get busy on the stuff I probably should have done a couple of years ago. I really enjoy riding my bike, and I don't want to cut into that just because I have a super cheap ride now. Even 110mpg isn't as good as sweat powered.