Global Warming

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

shark

Global Warming

Post by shark »

It's suppose to be 82F here today!! :shock:
I'm going scootin!! It's the 3rd of Feb... makes no since!! But I'll take it!!
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

Global warming my ass, its been in the negatives for a month here :lol: "Idaho"
Sharon

Post by Sharon »

A bit warmer here in No. VA too (upper 50's). Got out for a short ride, FINALLY!
Christy

Post by Christy »

it's 75 here and I've been out riding since 1 today. So beautiful out today.

Tomorrow is supposed to be just as nice too!

i'm very excited about it.
Valgal20

Post by Valgal20 »

Off the Subject-I didint want to start a whole new section for this:

But DOES ANYONE IN ARIZONA (PREFERABLY THE VALLEY) HAVE A BUDDY SCOOTER THAT I COULD TAKE A RIDE ON- AS A PASSENGER? I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE WHAT A SCOOTER FEELS LIKE BEFORE I GO AND BUY ONE- Ill meet wherever for just a lap or two around a parking lot-
THANKS,
VAL :(
Keys

Post by Keys »

You are welcome to come up to Cottonwood and check my Buddy out...it's even for sale!

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
poop colored buddy

Post by poop colored buddy »

Keys wrote:You are welcome to come up to Cottonwood and check my Buddy out...it's even for sale!

--Keys 8)
dude keys, I freaked saw your scoot in some magazine in the background! Only one red buddy with a set of piano keys running down the front. Did you know about this already? I can't remember what scooter may it was now.

Now to global warming. SCIENCE ALERT! Turn away now if you don't want to be nerded out with facts!

Global warming is real, very real, but not how you think. The mean annual temp world wide is rising. Now notice I said "worldwide" that means that there are areas that will be colder in the upcoming years than before, but on average, the global temp increasing. Now to misconception #2, the raise in temp is very small. We are talking about an increase in temp in degrees F to raise about 2-3 degrees in a hundred years. That is ALMOST too small to notice. Now there are "problems" that come with raises in global temp, but the "problems" are relative. Things will change, but it won't be the death of everyone. Al Gore would have you believe that this increase will somehow cause gllobal extinctions or something. False. The earth supported the most amount of life (dinosaur times) when it was on avg 10-15 degrees
warmer than today.

We are not the cause of global warming ( a huge percentage of CO2 emissons is caused from an increase in volcanic activity), but we are helping it along. The last food for thought is again about Al Gore, while supporting his movie "an inconvenient truth" he cruised around in a Gulf Stream 2 (a private jet). A Gulf Stream 2 gives off more CO2 on his trips than three hummers would over the course of a year. So in a nutshell, Al Gore is full of crap, global warming IS happening, we are not the cause, we do contribute to it, its not so bad, it has happened before and it will happen again and again, even after humans are long gone.
I have the scoots!
Valgal20

Post by Valgal20 »

But we should still be nice to the environment- cause when you mess with mother nature- she messes with you. Adding chemicles to our water and wasting resources is, well, just wastefull- and unhealthy. Were going to have 3 headed kids in the near future.
8) :oops: :whew: :twisted:
And on the global warming bit-
COME TO AZ TO FEEL GLOBAL WARMING IN ACTION! WE ARE THE RECORD-BREAKING CHAMPIONS! GO 120*F! YEA TO SUNBURN AND DEHYDRATION! WOOHOO!
-My fear as a scooterist (like bicyclists) is if I crash on the pavement in the summer and I cant get up- that I might cook to death! That would Suck! :cry:
ellen

Post by ellen »

It's supposed to be in the 50's here the next 2 days, but rainy.
Not fair :cry:
shark

Post by shark »

ellen wrote:It's supposed to be in the 50's here the next 2 days, but rainy.
It was even warmer today 85F. Tomorrow it will be 70ish. Bring back the Dinosaurs!!
rickyd410

Post by rickyd410 »

poop colored buddy wrote:
Now to global warming. SCIENCE ALERT! Turn away now if you don't want to be nerded out with facts!

Global warming is real, very real, but not how you think. The mean annual temp world wide is rising. Now notice I said "worldwide" that means that there are areas that will be colder in the upcoming years than before, but on average, the global temp increasing. Now to misconception #2, the raise in temp is very small. We are talking about an increase in temp in degrees F to raise about 2-3 degrees in a hundred years. That is ALMOST too small to notice. Now there are "problems" that come with raises in global temp, but the "problems" are relative. Things will change, but it won't be the death of everyone. Al Gore would have you believe that this increase will somehow cause gllobal extinctions or something. False. The earth supported the most amount of life (dinosaur times) when it was on avg 10-15 degrees
warmer than today.

We are not the cause of global warming ( a huge percentage of CO2 emissons is caused from an increase in volcanic activity), but we are helping it along. The last food for thought is again about Al Gore, while supporting his movie "an inconvenient truth" he cruised around in a Gulf Stream 2 (a private jet). A Gulf Stream 2 gives off more CO2 on his trips than three hummers would over the course of a year. So in a nutshell, Al Gore is full of crap, global warming IS happening, we are not the cause, we do contribute to it, its not so bad, it has happened before and it will happen again and again, even after humans are long gone.
HaHa.. Thanks for the science lesson. I'll be sure to tell a Nobel Winner that some guy on a scooter message board told me differently!

Hilarious.
poop colored buddy

ugh I know. REAL scientists gag at Al gore.
I have the scoots!
rickyd410

Post by rickyd410 »

Yeah. It's a global conspiracy.

Thankfully you're hear to spread your bullsh.. er, I mean, wisdom.

:lol: :roll:
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

ellen wrote:It's supposed to be in the 50's here the next 2 days, but rainy.
Did you stop winterizing your scoots? Even though I only rode one month in January, I am hopeful that I will get ONE day in Feb.
poop colored buddy

rickyd410 wrote:Yeah. It's a global conspiracy.

Thankfully you're hear to spread your bullsh.. er, I mean, wisdom.

:lol: :roll:
exactly
I have the scoots!
redcass

Post by redcass »

Valgal20 wrote:But we should still be nice to the environment
I agree, Valgal! Regardless of a person's poopy opinion on global warming (sorry, couldn't resist pcb :P), all we have to do is look at, smell, and breathe in a big exhaust cloud to know there's some nasty sh** there.
RedCass
poop colored buddy

redcass wrote:
Valgal20 wrote:But we should still be nice to the environment
I agree, Valgal! Regardless of a person's poopy opinion on global warming (sorry, couldn't resist pcb :P), all we have to do is look at, smell, and breathe in a big exhaust cloud to know there's some nasty sh** there.

:rofl: :rofl:
That was a good one.
I have the scoots!
bonniebuddy

Post by bonniebuddy »

right on valgal. i kow here in the houston area it gets hot like that too and with all the oil refineries down here there is some really nasty stuff in the air too. and yes cooking to the roadway if one falls is a problem here too.
redcass

Post by redcass »

poop colored buddy wrote::rofl: :rofl:
That was a good one.
{sniff sniff}

Methinks I smell sarcasm!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...yummy.

:bat:
RedCass