Please post a pic of the throttle valve screw- Blur 220

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

upandcoming

Please post a pic of the throttle valve screw- Blur 220

Post by upandcoming »

Hi there,

Just wanting to do increase idle because my bike stalls after starting - sits at 1000rpm at idle.

I read the manual and it says to remove the left body panel.

Any pictures or videos of this process would be really appreciated!

Thanks
davelhunter

Post by davelhunter »

Just open the seat. On the bottom of the storage bin there is a small round rubber plug. Pop that out and you will see the idle adjustment screw. It is a Phillips head screw, just like on a carb if I remember correctly.
upandcoming

Post by upandcoming »

davelhunter wrote:Just open the seat. On the bottom of the storage bin there is a small round rubber plug. Pop that out and you will see the idle adjustment screw. It is a Phillips head screw, just like on a carb if I remember correctly.
Thank you so much. I couldn't find basic instructions anywhere - this was a huge help!
Terr Bear

Post by Terr Bear »

OK, so I found the plug, under the seat. I see the throttle and cable, but no idle screw. Is there an idle screw on a 2013 Blur?
"When your racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." Steve Mc Queen "Le Mans"
Kennyr44

Post by Kennyr44 »

You have to remove the seat the hole doesnt line up. Its not really an idle screw like a carb bike would have. Its a fuel injection throttle position screw. You have to experiment with it. First turn it in or out very slightly like and eighth turn. Ride for a while and see your results. Then try more or the other direction slightly and try again. Keep trying till u get the best results. Remember dont go far from the setting its in in either direction. It can help you, it helped with my intermittent stalling issue. you have to have patience doing this.