My Buddy is Gone

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SonnyD

My Buddy is Gone

Post by SonnyD »

Well, the couple just drove away with Buddy in the back of their truck. Kind of sad to see it go after spending so much money and time upgrading it. But it opens the door for something new now. I'm either going to buy a Stella or a Buddy 170i. I had lots of good times on Buddy, and he served me well and never let me down.....
I am now scooterless...... at least through the Winter. I'll still be hanging around here as much as ever though..... Kind of a Bittersweet day.....
2006 Buddy 125 in ORANGE!..Sold
2007 Harley FLHX in Black Cherry!
1999 Saturn SC1...."Marvin"...Still runnin' strong
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

You could always buy a Honda Helix and pretend you hate it... :wink:

Seriously, it's sort of cool that a 2006 Buddy is going to a new home and starting a new life. I hope the new owners will join Modern Buddy and, of course, you are always welcome here.
Last edited by jrsjr on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Sorry to hear that. Are you going for the Stelleto (auto-Stella) or a different scoot altogether? At least you can plan your stratagy over the winter months. Good luck to you...
SonnyD

Post by SonnyD »

Thanks guys.... Drum Pro...... No, I'm actually looking for a 2T Stella. The first scooter I ever rode, well to be exact the first 2 wheeler I ever rode was a Vest back in 1962. That was what got me hooked. I'm more into the Classic look. I know right off, that it won't be nearly as trouble free as my Buddy 125 was. I know I probably won't ride it nearly as much because of that too. Really like the Buddy 170i models though too..
I'm really kind of torn between wanting something more classic, and actually wanting something Bigger that I can actually take on the highway occasionally or is capable of 70+ MPH....
As you can see, I'm not really sure.. I don't want a Big honking scooter though that would be too big for just running around, since I already have my Harley....Maybe a cutoff of around 250cc... Heck, I don't know, LOL
vdeschamps

Post by vdeschamps »

Good luck finding a new scooter! Why did you get rid of the 125?
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

SonnyD wrote:....well to be exact the first 2 wheeler I ever rode was a Vest back in 1962.
I was born in 1962! Thanks for making me feel, not so old. :)

Have fun picking your next scoot.
SonnyD

Post by SonnyD »

gr8dog wrote:
SonnyD wrote:....well to be exact the first 2 wheeler I ever rode was a Vest back in 1962.
I was born in 1962! Thanks for making me feel, not so old. :)

Have fun picking your next scoot.
Your Welcome, LOL.... Yeah, sometimes I really feel my age, most times I wear people out that are 10-15 years younger then me.....
SonnyD

Post by SonnyD »

vdeschamps wrote:Good luck finding a new scooter! Why did you get rid of the 125?
Thanks! I got 1700 for it......
vdeschamps

Post by vdeschamps »

I was wondering WHY you sold your scooter, not for HOW MUCH :-)
SonnyD

Post by SonnyD »

vdeschamps wrote:I was wondering WHY you sold your scooter, not for HOW MUCH :-)
Oh yeah, you did say that, LOL..... No biggie...... Well, basically I want to get something else. The Buddy was Great, but first.... I wasn't crazy about the color....second, it was my first scooter in 29 years and I really didn't do my research very well....Absolutely hated the output of the small headlight of the 06. What I really wanted was a Stella 2T or even something bigger that I could take on some longer trips where I might have some highway stints.... I seldom keep anything very long unless it is ideal for me.....Hence, Why I still have the same car after 14 years, LOL
vdeschamps

Post by vdeschamps »

SonnyD wrote:
vdeschamps wrote:I was wondering WHY you sold your scooter, not for HOW MUCH :-)
Oh yeah, you did say that, LOL..... No biggie...... Well, basically I want to get something else. The Buddy was Great, but first.... I wasn't crazy about the color....second, it was my first scooter in 29 years and I really didn't do my research very well....Absolutely hated the output of the small headlight of the 06. What I really wanted was a Stella 2T or even something bigger that I could take on some longer trips where I might have some highway stints.... I seldom keep anything very long unless it is ideal for me.....Hence, Why I still have the same car after 14 years, LOL
This is a fair answer! I just got a Buddy 170i after owning a Harley Davidson for 3 1/2 years. Couldn't be happier!

Good luck in finding a replacement.