Warranty question

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Brother Daryle

Warranty question

Post by Brother Daryle »

Here is a copy of a note I sent to the Genuine Facebook page. I have gotten no response from this. There is no phone number listed anywhere on Genuine's website, and I'm getting frustrated.

I am a Blur owner in Wichita KS. Two weeks ago, I took my scooter to the dealer (Biker's Edge) for the 6,000 mile service. Just a couple days before the service, the back light on the speedometer side of the console went out, so I asked them to change the bulb during the service. They told me there is no bulb to change (any light source is part of the circuit card), and they would contact Genuine for a warranty replacement of the integrated circuit card. The service guy at the dealership said he e-mailed and received no answer. Then he called the warranty department and has not received a return call. I frequently ride my scooter at night, and I cannot see my speed until I pass under a street lamp (not ideal). I am well within the two-year warranty period (I bought it in June 2012). I would appreciate it if Genuine Warranty Department would contact Joe in service at Biker's Edge at 800-284-1428 today to make arrangements for replacement parts to be sent immediately. I can be contacted at 575-442-9835. Thank you, Daryle Christensen

As of today, it's been more than a month since I identified the problem to the dealer with no response from Genuine. Any suggestions?
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

That isn't very reassuring. I sent them an e-mail asking about a lower than advertized top speed and didn't hear back over the summer. I wonder if the company is having troubles...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Locking because this is a double post. The other is here: topic26205.html\

General Discussions is a better place for this. Thanks.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…