Stella sidecar

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Buddy_wannabe

Stella sidecar

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

Just wondering what they are made of and how much they weigh? Do they still offer them? I didnt think I saw them on the sight. Not that I have a Stella to put one on .... but I can DREAM :D
I wasn't born... so much as I fell out . : The Clash
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yes, they still make them.

Check it out here.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Dooglas

Re: Stella sidecar

Post by Dooglas »

Buddy_wannabe wrote:Just wondering what they are made of and how much they weigh? Do they still offer them? I didnt think I saw them on the sight. Not that I have a Stella to put one on .... but I can DREAM :D
As ericalm said, they are available. The problem is that a Stella does not really have the power to pull one with a passenger (who will usually weigh well more than the hack). The same sidecar is also adapted to the 500cc Royal Enfield. A better match but even the RE struggles with the weight. These combos are mostly for show rather than go. A Russian-built 750cc Ural with hack is about the minimum practical sidecar rig that I have ridden.