Heated Gear

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rew750

Heated Gear

Post by rew750 »

I was looking at some heated liners and gloves to be able to ride more in the Winter and Springs months in Denver Colorado. Most of them draw about 70-90 watts of power from what I"m hearing. Does anyone know if the Blur 2007 which I ride provide enough power charging to offset the drain this will have on the battery?
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

With a fresh battery and always keeping it on the charger, I doubt you'll run into a problem. I always shut down the heat a distance from the destination to give the stator a chance to put some charge into the battery before shut down 8)

You'll also want to wire that stuff directly to the battery, and be sure to include an in-line fuse. The cell phone charger (if equipped) is fused for far less draw than the grips or vest for sure.

Note to self - Corazzo is coming out with that battery-powered vest any day now. I must check it out again (I saw the prototypes at the dealer show last time - they looked very good indeed.)
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

I absolutely love my battery powered gloves. They have three heat settings and keep my fingers toasty. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/36 ... ted-gloves