To buy, or not to buy

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scootergrind

To buy, or not to buy

Post by scootergrind »

I've really enjoyed reading from this forum for some time now - always great info regardless of what one rides - so I'd value your input: The local Genuine dealer has a "used", but virtually new (5 miles), 2011 Blur. I can get it out-the-door for $3000, no warranty. From what I've been reading here I'm a little concerned about the instrument cluster issues. Am I flirting with an expensive headache without the warranty coverage? --Thanks--
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

That is a great price for a brand new Blur. If the cluster works now you may be ok. Ask them if they will cover that part for 30 days to make sure it works. Mine actually went bad on the way home from the dealer so it will probably happen sooner rather than later.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

MHO:

$3k is a lot of cheddar. I would look up the cost of the cluster, and also ask the dealer "hey, if this cluster goes bad in the next 30+ days, would you work with me on it?"

I can't imagine they are that faulty, but you do need a general idea of how fast you're going :P.
scootergrind

Post by scootergrind »

Thanks for the good advise. I actually hadn't considered approaching the dealer from that angle, and I think he's anxious to get it sold, so that's a great idea. I'm going to look at a NOS 2009 Piaggio BV250 a deaaler has for $3500 w/warranty (OTD $4250). It's a good deal but I'm much more attracted to the Blur, so we'll see. I'm accustomed to the 13" wheels and sportier stance on my GP1, it just lacks sufficient horsepower for the highway jaunts. So I've a hunch the Blur is more up my alley. Again, thanks so much for your comments!

UPDATE: I bought the Blur! Rode the BV250 first and just felt a bit awkward on the thing - it's really a hybrid of scooter and motorcycle and a very nice machine, but once I sat on the Blur I was right at home. Felt as if I'd been riding one for years - very compliant and intuitive. And besides, the Blur was $1250 cheaper! Hooray!!