Do GIVI Monokey cases fit to the Cargo Tray?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

upandcoming

Do GIVI Monokey cases fit to the Cargo Tray?

Post by upandcoming »

Looking at buying a GIVI E52 Monokey.

I note they GIVI make custom locking plates for different bikes. Can anyone confirm that there is a plate to fit the Blur rack?

Cheers
skipper20

Re: Do GIVI Monokey cases fit to the Cargo Tray?

Post by skipper20 »

upandcoming wrote:Looking at buying a GIVI E52 Monokey.

I note they GIVI make custom locking plates for different bikes. Can anyone confirm that there is a plate to fit the Blur rack?

Cheers
I have a Givi "Flow" top case on my 2011 Blur but I'm not sure if it's a Monokey or a Monolock. In any event, it fits the Blur add-on rear rack very nicely.

Bill in Seattle
upandcoming

Post by upandcoming »

Thanks for chiming in here Bill.

I googled and found out that the flow is a monolock top case. I think I will have to risk it and just order both the rack and the case. I don't have the luxury of there being a retail store where I can double check the rack beforehand. Many thanks.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Whatever you do, replace with stronger bolts and red-locktite them. I no longer have a top case as the Detroit are roads loosened the standard bolts and the rack snapped, sending my (empty) case tumbling. No bueno on such a firm-riding scoot.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
upandcoming

Post by upandcoming »

Rippinyarn wrote:Whatever you do, replace with stronger bolts and red-locktite them. I no longer have a top case as the Detroit are roads loosened the standard bolts and the rack snapped, sending my (empty) case tumbling. No bueno on such a firm-riding scoot.
Great thanks for the advice. Btw clicked on your signature and you have some great articles. Bookmarked for later reading.