Got my Buddy today!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Whimscootie

Got my Buddy today!

Post by Whimscootie »

I finally got my scooter delivered today....

BUT IT'S RAINING CATS AND DOGS!

:cry:

Oh, the irony!

But I am really enjoying just standing and looking at it and listening to it run and purr along on the centerstand.

:D

I am hoping for a break in the clouds and a quick ride!

SO HAPPY!

8)
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

CONGRATS! yeah, weather is not our friend today here in the northeast. :)
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Well done. Maybe you will get a break in the rain for a little ride. Scooters are designed to protect you from the splash from wet roads.
On wet days, some riders will go to a big parking lot and practice braking and cornering in the wet.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Congrats on the new scoot! Don't forget to go easy for the first 100 miles or so to scrub the tires in!

Don't forget to add your buys to the SPEND-A-THON!
viewtopic.php?p=329923#329923
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
skipper20

Re: Got my Buddy today!

Post by skipper20 »

Whimscootie wrote:I finally got my scooter delivered today....

Oh, the irony!

But I am really enjoying just standing and looking at it and listening to it run and purr along on the centerstand.

SO HAPPY!

8)
Deb, I share your pain. It's also cold, dark and rainy here in the PNW (what else is new, right?) and I haven't been able to ride for almost a week. I'm suffering serious withdrawl problems. But, the sunshine symbol on my indoor weather station is shining brightly so maybe tomorrow the clouds will part, the pavement will dry and I'll be on the road again. I hope that's also your case. In any event, after your first extended ride, please share your experience with us. Enjoy yourself but ride safe and most importantly, Merry Christmas!

Bill in Seattle
'12 170i Italia
'11 220i Blur
'08 250ie Sport City
Whimscootie

Re: Got my Buddy today!

Post by Whimscootie »

skipper20 wrote:
Whimscootie wrote:I finally got my scooter delivered today....

Oh, the irony!

SO HAPPY!

8)
Deb, I share your pain. It's also cold, dark and rainy here in the PNW (what else is new, right?) and I haven't been able to ride for almost a week. I'm suffering serious withdrawl problems. But, the sunshine symbol on my indoor weather station is shining brightly so maybe tomorrow the clouds will part, the pavement will dry and I'll be on the road again. I hope that's also your case. In any event, after your first extended ride, please share your experience with us. Enjoy yourself but ride safe and most importantly, Merry Christmas!

Bill in Seattle
'12 170i Italia
'11 220i Blur
'08 250ie Sport City

Bill-
Merry Christmas to you and yours too!

It's looking now like our area is in for some serious flash flooding. The rains are really pounding down this evening.

I did ride for about 10 minutes this afternoon. Just a real quick outdoor slow loop. I had not ridden a scoot over the last month or more since I sold my Met.

It was nice and the scoot was "chomping at the bit" so to speak. I think I am going to like it, but it is going to be a big adjustment from riding the Met. Feels HUGE!

:lol:
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

I got to ride the scoot today after putting on the low profile seat.

Wow what a difference in the feel and handling of the bike for me!

Best money spent on the scoot so far.

And this scoot? It wants to GO! I accelerated and it took off so immediately that the front tire reared up an inch!

WHOA!

I am loving my Buddy! Now I see what all the HOOPLA has been about!!

My Buddy125

Post by My Buddy125 »

I live in Ohio and I got to ride today. Not too bad out. I rode 35 miles. It felt good to ride my Buddy 125. I do miss riding.
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

My Buddy125 wrote:I live in Ohio and I got to ride today. Not too bad out. I rode 35 miles. It felt good to ride my Buddy 125. I do miss riding.
Ya, a good day for riding in Ohio! Saw lots of motorcycles out too! What a nice break for us!