Rattler pics up

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Kevin K

Rattler pics up

Post by Kevin K »

She rides: nothing yet
He rides: crappy 35 year-old Vespa (and 70cc Rattler)

Minnesota Motorcyle Monthly

My SmugMug
mattgordon

OEM tires

Post by mattgordon »

How do you like the DURO Brand (OEM) tires? How many miles have you ridden on them, and will you replace them with a different tire when it's time?
2wheelfreak72

70cc Rattler

Post by 2wheelfreak72 »

How fast have you had your Rattler up to? I just bought a 110 Rattler took it easy for the first 100 miles the other day I had it up to about 60mph so far. I weight about 165. I wanted to get the 50cc so I didnt have to register,tags,and personal taxes every year K.C. MO.. I rode one and seem a little to slow for me so was it worth doing the 70cc kit.Do you think a pipe will help my 110 Rattler. Thank You,Marty
2wheelfreak72

Rattler 50/70cc

Post by 2wheelfreak72 »

(kevin) How miles on your rattler? How did you do motor break-in- The guy at my dealer that sold me my rattler said 1 full tank take of gas take it easy after that ride normal speed limits etc..My miles reads right now is 105 .Thanks,Marty
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Well, it is under break in so I'm trying to take it easy.
Here's what we have so far:

-It now has 150 miles on it. Since it's new, it's getting a little oil added to the fuel for break in purposes. It's currently jetted with a 35 main.

-We're still playing with the CVT. New rollers are on order.

-I've done 54 with a slight downhill. Tonight I pulled 51 on a flat. Obviously these are indicated speeds.

We're still in the advanced stages of testing, but I think think that an honest 60 is reachable. Gas mileage isn't the greatest right now, but I expect it to improve.

So far the tires have been great. Will report back when I get a few more miles on her.
-K

My SmugMug
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Our story so far:

--First plug reading shows a nice golden brown. The 35 main looks to be spot on, so we'll leave that in there for a while.

--Gas mileage was 46 MPG on the last tank. That reading will go up after the CVT issues are resolved. Yes, I know that that seems really low, but remember that it's not a stock 50 and there's a lot of things that need to be played with. When all is said and done, it will only likely get about 60 MPG but will also pull about 60 MPH. I plan to mostly ride it around town anyway as I have the P for longer trips.

--Gas gauge issue might be something else. It quit on me again this week with a full tank. I'm going to look for the obvious signs (pinched lines, etc.) first.

More to come.
-K

My SmugMug
2wheelfreak72

I need a pipe for my Rattler 110

Post by 2wheelfreak72 »

I need a pipe for my Rattler 110.Has anyone found where I can get one.Ive been e-mailing sites online and so far no one has one.
bikebuda

Post by bikebuda »

here is picks of the new pipe from Genuine

it is like the one at the top but with the power coming on at the stock rpm range

big improvement , way quicker , + a few mph on the top end

and get this "way better mpg than stock"
Attachments
rattler 110 testing 005.JPG
rattler 110 testing 005.JPG (142.73 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
nissanman

Exhaust

Post by nissanman »

There is an exhaust from Scooterworks for the 110. I'm installing one soon, and of course I'll report on the improvements. I'll try to post here, and of course on genuinerattler (yahoo groups). I haven' found any other exhausts available in the US for the 110 and I've tried. And tried, and tried. Even custom fitted a Technigas Next from Moped Hospital, still plan to tinker with that one...
Travis

Questions about the Rattler 50

Post by Travis »

I've had my Rattler since June of 2007, and I'll be riding it for a while. I'm on mine because I did get a DWI. I've derestricted it, and tonight ordered the prima pipe. Looking around I found this sight, and wondered what else can be done. I'll be riding all winter, and read on another post lights. It's not the brighest, I'm searching everywhere for something that will fit. With 2700 miles I've had no trouble, and the bikes been running fine. You said that the pipe is loud, that's not what I was going for but I'll deal with it. I just can't handle getting across four lanes of traffic running 30mph. Right now, I'll run it says 50 downhill and around 43 on level ground, the uphill is my battle. Not that I need the speed, I just want the power if need be. Thanks for the help, and if you pull the rattler stickers off it looks a lot better.
jasonkoscho

Accessories

Post by jasonkoscho »

I have a blur and am looking to get a digital display. Do you like yours? Where did you get your gas shock?
afriendofcheese

Post by afriendofcheese »

The gas shock is stock with the 50 (110 too, right?).
The digital display is ok, I'd almost prefer to have a regular spedo. The digi is difficult to se during bright days.
jasonkoscho

display

Post by jasonkoscho »