Christmas Lights At MV!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JHScoot

Christmas Lights At MV!!

Post by JHScoot »

So they got a string of lights over there for MV users! Check it out

http://modernvespa.com/forum/forum2

What do we get?

Bah! It figures...

Merry Christmas anyway, MB staff :cry:
Riding is riding
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

IMHO what we get for Christmas and everyday is a more focused forum - not so many "what is your favorite cat's name" type of questions. :lol:
Rob

Post by Rob »

What I'd really like for Christmas from the MB staff would be an "ignore" function that would allow me to hide posts from specified members.

Other than that, the MB staff keeps my Christmas stocking full of goodies year after year.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

I'm thankful that MB doesn't have to use a karma system in order to regulate behavior (like MV), because the bulk of the folks here are kind, caring, love scooters and really do want to help.

As for your coal, it's kinda useful. You could refine it via liquefaction and have part of an oil change or a partial tank of fuel. Or, you take the easy route and just use it as a wheel chock.

Merry Christmas to the MV staff! :D
Last edited by az_slynch on Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Syd

Post by Syd »

The lights don't bother me, but if they bother you there is a Lights button on the menu bar you can use to shut them off. And I'll grant you the focus is tighter here than at MV, but there can be some very informative and interesting threads there.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Rusty J

Post by Rusty J »

az_slynch wrote:As for your coal, it's kinda useful. You could refine it via liquefaction and have part of an oil change or a partial tank of fuel. Or, you take the easy route and just use it as a wheel chock.
Of course, you could always do the obvious thing and compress it at 726,000 PSI while heating it to 2700F to make diamonds.
Merry Christmas to the MV staff! :D
This.

Oh, and a happy New Year to one and all, as well.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Syd wrote:The lights don't bother me, but if they bother you there is a Lights button on the menu bar you can use to shut them off. And I'll grant you the focus is tighter here than at MV, but there can be some very informative and interesting threads there.
Yes, I admit that I enjoy the garage/shed threads. Nabs has one heck of a shed thread in progress.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Rusty J wrote:Of course, you could always do the obvious thing and compress it at 726,000 PSI while heating it to 2700F to make diamonds.
I like your tweed, sir. I was going for scooter-relevant, but if you fab a diamond, that could buy several scooters! :D

Syd

Post by Syd »

az_slynch wrote:
Syd wrote:The lights don't bother me, but if they bother you there is a Lights button on the menu bar you can use to shut them off. And I'll grant you the focus is tighter here than at MV, but there can be some very informative and interesting threads there.
Yes, I admit that I enjoy the garage/shed threads. Nabs has one heck of a shed thread in progress.
Ha. I feel kinda sorry for old nabs. Wet OSB is not good.
Rusty J

Post by Rusty J »

az_slynch wrote:
Rusty J wrote:Of course, you could always do the obvious thing and compress it at 726,000 PSI while heating it to 2700F to make diamonds.
I like your tweed, sir. I was going for scooter-relevant, but if you fab a diamond, that could buy several scooters! :D
Well played, my good man -- well played.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

That's not JUST coal.
-Place on seat.
-Ride.
If, at end of ride, your coal has changed into a precious gem, you have indeed experienced a pucker-factor moment. Sell refined item, pay any aquired medical bills, use rest for new scoot and a vacation to relax muscles.
:twisted:
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

In all truthfulness I also enjoy the wide range of topics on MV - though I was somewhat perplexed by the "What is you favorite tree ?" posting awhile back. But then, if you might run into a tree one day, it could be helpful to know something about them. :roll:
Syd

Post by Syd »

Elder Scoot wrote:In all truthfulness I also enjoy the wide range of topics on MV - though I was somewhat perplexed by the "What is you favorite tree ?" posting awhile back. But then, if you might run into a tree one day, it could be helpful to know something about them. :roll:
I didn't know Barbara Walters rode a Vespa. :clown: