New to the Forum, New 2013 W Sidecar

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

The Crow

New to the Forum, New 2013 W Sidecar

Post by The Crow »

Hey wanted to introduce myself. I just purchased a 2013 Stella 4T in Dijon with the sidecar. So far I am having a ball with it. I am a very experienced motorcycle rider and I enjoy all motorcycles. Always say all motorcycles are fun they are just different kinds of fun. Because everybody likes pictures here are a few.

[CENTER]Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
[/CENTER]
[/url]
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Congrats on the new rig and welcome to MB!

Very sharp looking...I like the color!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Great looking rig! Enjoy.
theemptythrone

Post by theemptythrone »

beautiful scoot!

and welcome to the club 8)
toot

Stickers

Post by toot »

Hi, I just got a new 2013 Blue and Cream one, color I always wanted, for a price of a used one I was looking at... CLOSEOUT DEAL :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just wait until you try to remove those HORRID stickers :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
It took me 1 hour just to remove MADE IN INDIA

I LOVE my STELLA
jimmbomb

Re: Stickers

Post by jimmbomb »

toot wrote:Hi, I just got a new 2013 Blue and Cream one, color I always wanted, for a price of a used one I was looking at... CLOSEOUT DEAL :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just wait until you try to remove those HORRID stickers :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
It took me 1 hour just to remove MADE IN INDIA

I LOVE my STELLA
Here's an old thread on sticker removal. what works, what works quickly and what doesn't..

viewtopic.php?t=18439&highlight=stickers

good luck
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
toot

Saw that

Post by toot »

Believe me I read that topic completely, but I was worried about taking paint off. I finally used the goo off but I wouldn't recommend it. It left a little mark. I am just putting my own sticker over the one one the left side vin # one.
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Thanks, for the warm welcome and the tip on removing the decals. I am really excited to dress it up a little with some white walls and a few chrome accessories. So far top speed seems to be 45 mph (3rd gear). And won't pull at all in 4th gear past 40 mph. So I am considering a few different options to try and get a little more speed out of it.
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

Congrats and welcome! That is a fine looking rig.

As for the stickers: I used the blow dryer with an old credit card (used up gift cards work too). It was still a pain. Then I used goo gone with the credit card to deal with the remaining bits.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Gee, for a dollar more you could have gotten yellow!!! :wink: :wink:
Nice looking rig. It will get a little faster once you get some miles on it.
My TGB/sidecar runs 50-55 on the flat, 40-45 on the hill. Remember, riding a tug/hack is not like riding a motorcycle or a scooter. Hit a curve too fast and you will fly the chair--bring the hack up off its wheel. And you may find that
you get some 'wobble' when taking off. If the setup is balanced correctly you should get decent but not great tire wear on the hack tire and the rear tug
tire. united side car assoc. is a great source of info. These rigs are fun to ride once you get used to them. :lol:
Growing old is inevitible, being old is not.
So be your self. Every one else is already taken!
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

PS: taking the windshield off the hack and running it with the cover on it will help increase the gas mileage.
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Wolfhound wrote:Gee, for a dollar more you could have gotten yellow!!! :wink: :wink:
Nice looking rig. It will get a little faster once you get some miles on it.
My TGB/sidecar runs 50-55 on the flat, 40-45 on the hill. Remember, riding a tug/hack is not like riding a motorcycle or a scooter. Hit a curve too fast and you will fly the chair--bring the hack up off its wheel. And you may find that
you get some 'wobble' when taking off. If the setup is balanced correctly you should get decent but not great tire wear on the hack tire and the rear tug
tire. united side car assoc. is a great source of info. These rigs are fun to ride once you get used to them. :lol:
Yeah, I was not originally looking for the yellow. I wanted the avocado green. I found this one at a AF1 racing in New Braunfels TX and they made what I felt was a very fair deal and it was already built and ready to go. Plus my first car a 1978 Toyota Corolla was almost this same funky yellow. So I pulled the trigger on it. I kind of like that it is a kind of loud and funky color.

How many miles did you put on your before the speed started to pick up?
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Actually yellow is a great color. With it you have a built in safety factor in that
it catches other drivers attention quicker than other colors would. And side cars add to the attention factor also.
My gas mileage started improving around 800 miles.
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Wolfhound wrote:PS: taking the windshield off the hack and running it with the cover on it will help increase the gas mileage.
So, I took your advice and removed the windshield. That did help the performance and I even dig the look. Thanks for the tip!
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I have an avacado sidecar rig and love it, mine is an older 2T. Nice to see nother sidecar out there :). welcome to the club. long time rider here as well.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
longroof

Post by longroof »

Hey! I've got one of those ...though a 2009 in black. Love the thing. 47 years of riding experience and now I'm a kid again. My other rides are a 2003 V-Star 650 and a 2000 Yamaha TW200.
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

longroof wrote:Hey! I've got one of those ...though a 2009 in black. Love the thing. 47 years of riding experience and now I'm a kid again. My other rides are a 2003 V-Star 650 and a 2000 Yamaha TW200.
Yeah, I am really having fun with it. Picked my daughter up from school with it today. All of the kids were jealous and wanted a ride. Last week I put white walls, front fender trim and a rear rack on it.

I am in the MC business and have bought and sold many V Star 650s and several TW200s
they are both great bikes. I have always liked the TW's.
longroof

Post by longroof »

Great color. My Stella/sidecar is a 2009, black in color. Nearly everyone thinks its an antique, especially when they get a whiff of 2 stroke oil.
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

Great looking bike and sidecar. If you get to Houston our club rides the first Sunday of the month - Houston Scooter Battalion on Facebook.
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Elder Scoot wrote:Great looking bike and sidecar. If you get to Houston our club rides the first Sunday of the month - Houston Scooter Battalion on Facebook.
Thanks for the invite. I have liked them on Facebook and would love to try and get in on a ride sometime.