how big is the blur need size.

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

justscooten

how big is the blur need size.

Post by justscooten »

im bringing my blur home soon and im useing a cargo van and i think the fit is going to be tite. if someone could give me how tall wide and how long it is. so i see if it will fit. im going to go get it nexted weekend. :D
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Re: how big is the blur need size.

Post by illnoise »

justscooten wrote:im bringing my blur home soon and im useing a cargo van and i think the fit is going to be tite. if someone could give me how tall wide and how long it is. so i see if it will fit.
According to service manual:

1855mm long
730mm wide
1170mm high

that's 73"L, 28"W, 46"H.

I'm betting that's with the mirrors off, the dealer can show you how to remove them but make sure you adjust them properly when you put them back on.

Ask the dealer how to tie it down in the van, and take notes so you can do it properly if you ever need to.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Corsair

Re: how big is the blur need size.

Post by Corsair »

if you take the mirrors off make sure you use lock tight (or some other kind of Thread locker) on the screws when you put them back on. also make sure to bring tie downs or the such (or you can buy them at scoot around). if your van doesn't have enough clearance for the scooter to stand completely upright you may want to bring some kind of padding (blankets, padding, etc) so you don't scratch the paint ;) NOTE: although you can tilt the scoot you do NOT want to lay the scooter on its side... fluids may spill and go places you don't want them to be.

Congrats on the new scoot! Take pics, ride safe, and ENJOY!
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

from the numbers that illnoise listed i thinkit will fit uprigt on its center stand but i do think that the mirriers off but i do have licktite. and tie down straps i do need the bar straps but they have that. that im makeing a ramp to get it in there. thanks for all info and ill post some pics you can count on it!!