feels like christmas

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

baptisto

feels like christmas

Post by baptisto »

ok ok...... i have had my buddy now for a little bit and everyday i wake up all i think about is getting on and hitting the road......i cant imagine that this would have been so awesome but im getting more and more bummed about accesories,it feels like im waiting for christmas i live half a mile from the famed scooterw3orks here in chicago so im constintly bugging them about it why is this soooo damned hard all i want is a windsheild,trunk and baskett that fits my two wheeled friend but what ever just like a kid ill be waiting anxiosly and when the day comes i will rejoice but untill then ill keep riding around naked hoping and wishing.....

just to share a thought....
Baptisto
sparty

Post by sparty »

I know how you feel. I lie about an hour away from my dealer and I am going to stop by this weekend to get my oil change. I was hoping that the accessories will arrived by then, but it looks like that's not gonna happen. Oh well, maybe next week...
Keys

Post by Keys »

I don't want to spoil the svelt good looks of my scooter, so all I'm waiting for is the black rear rack.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
Sailn

Post by Sailn »

I give up!! Called scooterworks today, was told they would call me back with an eta for racks and small windscreen. NO...they did not call me back. This is jut bad.

That being the case, just called Max at scooterwest.com. My Givi saddle bags should be shipping today. Done, finished.

PGO made a great little scooter, too bad Genuine can't get it's act togather. It would have been much less annoying if they didn't publish information on any accessories.

BTW, I have friends that regularly travel to Taiwan. If I get a chance I will see what is really available from PGO. He11, I might just bring some racks in and sell them on ebay.
lotte

Post by lotte »

I totally know how you feel! I really want a rear rack so I can get a storage bag for my Buddy! :cry:

They have those accessories out in Taiwan already, don't they? All they have to do is to ship them over to us poor blokes stuck in the Western Hemisphere....
Sailn

Post by Sailn »

Its been a slow day at work ( well not really, but I don't feel like doing much )

Anyway, I think I am going to throw a front rack. Does anyone have any idea what size threads on on the front mounting plate ( this is the mounting plate behind the 2 knockouts on the front of the buddy body)

I saw somewhere a site where a guy built a rac out of 1/4" cooper plumbing fittings. Seems pretty easy. If I don't do that, I'll cut up some steel and weld one togather. Seems like the cooper fittigns might be easier though.

I also saw a site where someone built their own wind screen out of polycarbinate or lexan.

As necessity if the mother of invention, when I get home...I'm off to the workshop....
skygayle

Accessories

Post by skygayle »

I was told they would be shipped to my dealer sometime next week. We will see................. :?