Amerivespa 2014 accommodations and roommates

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pugbuddy

Amerivespa 2014 accommodations and roommates

Post by pugbuddy »

Hey, thought I'd start a thread for roommates and accommodations for the upcoming AV 2014!

I just checked the host hotel rates for 5 days (06/11-15) and it will cost roughly $860 (tax included). While that is not a steep price for a fairly long stay, I'd much rather split it with a roomy and alleviate the financial pain (odds are I cannot make it unless this happens). There are better ways to spend your hard earned dollar in NOLA.

Anyone else looking for a roommate? PM me or reply here and let's get planning!

Also, who knows of other hotel options? Share some travel secrets if you got 'em! :wink:
Last edited by pugbuddy on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Is it too early to start planning?
BeefSupreme

Post by BeefSupreme »

It's never too early to start planning. My girlfriend and I booked our room at the Hotel Modern back in October, reserving that early we got our room for under $100 per night. Since then their rates have gone up, but it's an awesome spot right in the middle of all the action. I was trying to talk her into camping at one of the local campgrounds and saving some money, that didn't go over well.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

*Bump*
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

I'm not planning to stay at the host hotel. If my wife makes the flight out, we'll be staying offsite about 4 blocks away and making it a 50/50 split between Amerivespa activities and exploring the city on our own. If she's not able to make it, I'm most likely getting a small private room at a nearby cozy and modern hostel while spending more time at the events. I'll be reserving both rooms and cancelling the one I'm not using once we know her school schedule for next semester.

It should be a good weekend, and it will be cool to meet many new MB regulars!