Curious??

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

toot

Curious??

Post by toot »

Why aren't Blurs more popular?? It seems that the market profile these scooters are geared to are not seeing the greatness of these scooters.. There are very few Sport Bike Scooters made and the Honda PCX and the BLUR are the only ones in the good ole USA that I have found. If you know more let me know. I am looking around and never come across very many used ones... I love that they have more power and that sport bike feel... I have been trying to sell Buddy 170 to get one, but No One is interested in mine either??? The dealer near me is a great service deraler, but they are HARD NOSES about their PROFIT margins about trade ins. Well just venting and if you happen to want to check my bike out PM me. Keep riding and PLEASE RIDE SAFE!!! :D :D
RoaringTodd

Re: Curious??

Post by RoaringTodd »

It's the seat that turns me off. very uncomfortable
toot wrote:Why aren't Blurs more popular?? It seems that the market profile these scooters are geared to are not seeing the greatness of these scooters.. There are very few Sport Bike Scooters made and the Honda PCX and the BLUR are the only ones in the good ole USA that I have found. If you know more let me know. I am looking around and never come across very many used ones... I love that they have more power and that sport bike feel... I have been trying to sell Buddy 170 to get one, but No One is interested in mine either??? The dealer near me is a great service deraler, but they are HARD NOSES about their PROFIT margins about trade ins. Well just venting and if you happen to want to check my bike out PM me. Keep riding and PLEASE RIDE SAFE!!! :D :D
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

For me it was the overall price. @4k OTD for a new one. For that price you can find a good used motorcycle that will handle as well, get good mpg, and be easier to work on as well as be fully highway capable.

They handle super well, but the ergos are for a limited niche of folks.

Not that I am knocking the Blur, it's a fantastic beast. The few I know that have them love them, and they're very capable machines.

For trade ins, you're right. Their profit margins are too thin to give you a real deal on that. It looks like you sold your 170i well enough. If not, just wait til Spring, someone will want a good scoot!
toot

Post by toot »

Not sold!!! Do not get me wrong , I just went on a 70 mile technical twisty ride on my 170. It handles great.. But, for me some reason I just do not like the way I sit on the bike. I am 5'6" so it is suppose to be right sized. But I just can not get comfortable on my feet placement no matter where I put them.. Also I feel hunched for some reason. This is the only scooter I own that make me feel this way.. I will keep it and use it if I do not sell it for it is a fine and flickable little twisty machine.
bBiz

Post by bBiz »

Blurs aren't popular because the American market thinks it's supposed to be some kind of highway touring cruiser. And it's not. It is a sport scooter. I wouldn't consider it in the same class as a PCX or anything else in the US market right now.

People complain about the ergos, and I would agree with that if you are a taller person. But I am 5'9" and I am perfectly comfortable on it all day. The seat is hard at first, but breaks in nicely after a few thousand miles.

Also, at $4000 a lot of people will say that buying a motorcycle would be a better idea. It can be hard to argue with that, but the thing is, a motorcycle is a motorcycle and not a scooter.
toot

That is the reason

Post by toot »

I want exactly what you said. I have ridden motorcycles. I do not like all the shifting on twisty roads. If I want to shift I use my Stella. I am not worried about seat height anymore because they make a lowered seat. I have a Vespa GT 200 for touring. Some people just do not see the greatness of these little scooter. The PCX handles great but I am always wanting a little more. I am always full throttle. By the way if you can find a great deal on used if you can should you go that way. Or really save and get warranty?? Heard of some problems?? I don't want to pay for repairs on used on.
Kennyr44

Post by Kennyr44 »

You cant compare a scooter to a motorcycle. I could never enjoy a motorcycle in the city. I dont want to shift, ever, and I need the space under the seat for my stuff and purchases. Im 5' 10'' and fit fine. My pants length is 34''.
chickdr

Re: That is the reason

Post by chickdr »

toot wrote:I want exactly what you said. I have ridden motorcycles. I do not like all the shifting on twisty roads. If I want to shift I use my Stella. I am not worried about seat height anymore because they make a lowered seat. I have a Vespa GT 200 for touring. Some people just do not see the greatness of these little scooter. The PCX handles great but I am always wanting a little more. I am always full throttle. By the way if you can find a great deal on used if you can should you go that way. Or really save and get warranty?? Heard of some problems?? I don't want to pay for repairs on used one.
You never know if the issues will happen in, or out of warranty. Ask the seller if they have any issues and get them to fix it prior to sale as the warranty won't transfer. Most issues on the Blur are minor so shouldn't be deal breakers. I would most certainly have purchased used if I had one close as the used prices are often thousands less for a scooter with low miles.
toot

Pros and Cons of decision!!

Post by toot »

Well the dealer near me was blowing out 2013 Blurs for 2999 plus usual fees..ect .. They also had a use one.. Well got them to out the door for new 3800 . Also I forced hand on a warranty on the used one and it got to 3300 with 3 year warranty with bike having 2000 miles out the door.. Well this is where some of you are saying, "WHAT THE H*** did you do!!!"

I got the used one, because when it is a cash deal and you do not have the extra cash that is what you do....

I just want to say to all of you thanks for your input :D :D :D :D :D
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

What ever you did do it sounds like you did it right!

Congrats on the new scoot! don't forget some photos and of course that first ride report!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
chickdr

Re: Pros and Cons of decision!!

Post by chickdr »

toot wrote:Well the dealer near me was blowing out 2013 Blurs for 2999 plus usual fees..ect .. They also had a use one.. Well got them to out the door for new 3800 . Also I forced hand on a warranty on the used one and it got to 3300 with 3 year warranty with bike having 2000 miles out the door.. Well this is where some of you are saying, "WHAT THE H*** did you do!!!"

I got the used one, because when it is a cash deal and you do not have the extra cash that is what you do....

I just want to say to all of you thanks for your input :D :D :D :D :D
You must have some crazy "fees" out in CA. 2999 comes to 3800 with fees?

I paid $3800 for mine in 2012 - $4K OTD. What was the price of the used one before fees?
toot

Post by toot »

2900 they were playing with me as usual. And I did not want to give them dealer prep. I got a year more for a warranty than new and I had that much cash so I went used. Dealers make money no matter what and there was no private party plus no warranty with private party.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

toot wrote:2900 they were playing with me as usual. And I did not want to give them dealer prep. I got a year more for a warranty than new and I had that much cash so I went used. Dealers make money no matter what and there was no private party plus no warranty with private party.
Wow- a whopping $99 discount for a used scooter with 2000 miles? Not sure I would have gone that way. Glad you are happy though.
Kennyr44

Post by Kennyr44 »

You got a great scooter and 3300 out the door is an awesome price with the warranty. You are gonna love it.
bBiz

Post by bBiz »

How do you like it so far? The 3 year warranty is a sweet deal. Good price too.
toot

Post by toot »

It comes Thursday. I will let you know. Thanks to all