Scooter pics from my trip to London, Paris & Dublin

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootLemont

Scooter pics from my trip to London, Paris & Dublin

Post by ScootLemont »

Just got back yesterday

Lots of MP3s everywhere (& tons in Paris)

London (I was expecting more scooters)
In a store window in Piccadilly Circus
BMW in Whitechaple

Paris (LOTS of scooters)
The dealership two doors down from our appartment

Dublin (kind of a wet town for scooters)

And having been to the Wisconsin Dells too may times.... I was surprised to see these
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

Very nice. I know what you mean about not seeing many scooters in London. I can think of 3 possible reasons though. 1) It rains way too much. 2) The public transportation is awesome. 3) Parking is a nightmare, even for something as small as a scooter.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

The public transport in London can be *REALLY* confusing if your not from there. But I agree with the previous post...
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

We only rode the tube so I can speak to how the buses are in London, but we didnt have any problem with that at all.

The Paris subway was really tough to navigate by comparison (for us anyway)
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

The first time I rode the underground it broke down and I was with all my bags and luggage after just coming of an 11 hour flight from L.A. to Gatwick. That part sucked. but then after that I had a blast.... Great picks by the way...
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Driving a car in Dublin was terrifying enough. We had to train our eyes to look for the street names on the buildings rather than on sign posts near the curb. It's amazing how many roads can at intersect each roundabout.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
Andywalsh1966

Post by Andywalsh1966 »

The other problem we have in the UK is that car drivers tend to try and kill us,, but it makes riding a scoot all the more fun.
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

Andywalsh1966 wrote:The other problem we have in the UK is that car drivers tend to try and kill us,, but it makes riding a scoot all the more fun.
Oh, this happens here all the time too... only you have to deal with giant trucks and SUVs instead of French hatchbacks.
Andywalsh1966

Post by Andywalsh1966 »

jrstone wrote:
Andywalsh1966 wrote:The other problem we have in the UK is that car drivers tend to try and kill us,, but it makes riding a scoot all the more fun.
Oh, this happens here all the time too... only you have to deal with giant trucks and SUVs instead of French hatchbacks.
My daughter rides a scoot in London,, had an arse in a Porsche racing her at each set of lights, and cutting in on her,, he finally pissed her off with some rather rude words and an offer she could easily refuse,, her solution was to pull the visor down on her helmet and head but the roof of his £100,000 toy,, ,,, then shoot off up a side road,,,, that's my girl...
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Andywalsh1966 wrote:My daughter rides a scoot in London,, had an arse in a Porsche racing her at each set of lights, and cutting in on her,, he finally pissed her off with some rather rude words and an offer she could easily refuse,, her solution was to pull the visor down on her helmet and head but the roof of his £100,000 toy,, ,,, then shoot off up a side road,,,, that's my girl...
Sounds very reasonable, if sacrificial for the helmet :P.
Bunny_08

Post by Bunny_08 »

Nice post