Has this happened to you???

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

toot

Has this happened to you???

Post by toot »

Went for a ride and saw that I needed my first refill of gas. Put EVAP Nozzle in as I always do with my other scooter. You know, hold that horrid rubber piece so it will flow. Well no matter how hard I tried to pull that stupid rubber thing up, the gas would not run. Tried for 5 minutes. Had to go to another gas station . This one had a flimsier rubber piece and a little longer nozzle. The opening for the EVAP Nozzle would not go all the way in , the cap was in the way. As with the other scooters, you can take the cap off.. Any one have the same problem? What did you do? :x :? :?

By the way with 2 bars left I got 86 miles.
scootergrind

Post by scootergrind »

There's a gizmo called McCuff that's designed to facilitate fill-ups. I've never used one but it looks like it could be handy - kind of expensive for what it is though (~$20). I just do it the old fashioned way... with a gas can.

http://www.mccuff.com
bBiz

Post by bBiz »

I don't understand? I never stick the nozzle all the way in with any of my scooters and never have a problem with fill ups.
toot

Post by toot »

That was not the problem. The rubber piece would not pull back. It was too stiff. I always pull rubber piece back and put nozzle at top of filler hole and watch the gas reach the top so I do not overfill. Here in Ca. Each gas station has a different maker of nozzle and rubber piece. I will jut go to the gas station I always can trust. It was just I was not able to. I misjudged my mileage. I really like the McCuff but I don't want to pay $25.95. Thanks for your advice though
chickdr

Re: Has this happened to you???

Post by chickdr »

toot wrote:By the way with 2 bars left I got 86 miles.
That is about right. If I run mine to empty I get around 100 miles.