Blinker adapters

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

toot

Blinker adapters

Post by toot »

Most of you want to remove those ugly Dot blinkers on your Blur. I chose to make mine more visible by adding the Dead Light Blinker Adapter. Anything so those crazies out there will notice me I want to do. Very easy install and makes a difference to head on traffic visibility :)
Randall

LEDs

Post by Randall »

I just had my dead lights changed over to running LEDs but I have had horrible luck with the lights blowing. One completely fell apart and the other is out. The shop changed them for me at no charge but I am wondering what could cause them to go so quickly. They last for the ride home from the shop but the next day one is out.
Could it be a faulty wiring harness?
VSP

Post by VSP »

I'm guessing they were damaged by high voltage. LED's are very sensitive and most cannot handle much more than 12V. Even though the scooter operates on a 12V system, it is capable of producing higher voltages.
If you have a volt meter, check the voltage at high RPM's. It should be around 12V at idle but I wouldn't be surprised if that goes to 14-15V when rev'd up.
Any LED's that are stock on the bike will have some sort of protection already in place. When you add LED's (such as LED running lights), you should also use some sort of protection against over voltage.

I have LED Voltage Regulators (as well as many other products) available here:

topic21860.html
Voodoo [voo-doo] -adjective. Claimed or reputed to provide an ingenious or seemingly magical solution to a problem. <A HREF="http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/topic29569.html">Get your VOODOO here</A>