Post-recovery how screwed am I?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Am I screwed

yes
No votes
no
100%

Total votes: 5

jonlink

Post-recovery how screwed am I?

Post by jonlink »

Haven't been on here for a while. Life was busy and then my 170i was stolen. :cry:

I got it back, but it was the end of the scooter season for me by the time I had possession of it again. Now that the snow has melted I dug in to check out the damage.

The windshield is completely busted up, the front wheel is out of alignment, the ignition is mangled, and the steering lock is toast. I dodged a bullet in that the wiring was unmolested.

I've taken apart a bunch of the front end and found this bit of unpleasantness (see pics).

My question is how screwed am I that the mounting plate for the ignition is bent? It's welded onto the frame, so I'm not confident I can bend it back, muchless get it back into the steering lock hole.

Also of note was that the thieves don't seem to have gotten far with the scooter because the fuse to the battery was fried, presumably from a crappy job trying to hotwire it.
Attachments
steering lock/ignition mount sadness
steering lock/ignition mount sadness
photo 1.JPG (158.27 KiB) Viewed 464 times
ignition mount with chuck of ignition remaining
ignition mount with chuck of ignition remaining
photo 2.JPG (154.44 KiB) Viewed 464 times
grumpy wires
grumpy wires
photo 3.JPG (131.71 KiB) Viewed 464 times
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

It would take a decent welder about 15 minutes to fix that bent plate. It's just a matter of getting a new ignition and fixing the wiring.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

lovemysan wrote:It would take a decent welder about 15 minutes to fix that bent plate. It's just a matter of getting a new ignition and fixing the wiring.
What he said. Your not really screwed, just so very inconvenienced. WTF is wrong with people (and I use that term loosely). Jon your a good guy, so sorry that this is gonna cost you time and money to fix.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
jonlink

Post by jonlink »

Thanks for the spirit lifting, agrogod! It does suck, but on the bright side I'm kicking and breathing.

Of course I wish I was kick and breathing with a functional scooter, but that'll come in time (and energy).