254cc blur?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lovemysan

254cc blur?

Post by lovemysan »

161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
upandcoming

Re: 254cc blur?

Post by upandcoming »

lovemysan wrote:anybody tried this?

http://www.taiwantrade.com.tw/EP/tdmoto ... nder_70mm/
Cool good find, any idea of price and performance improvement?
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I'm wondering about heat. One of my personal problems is understanding the meaning of "stock". The lack of aftermarket items for the Blur has helped keep me out of trouble...that may now be in danger! :mrgreen:
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
upandcoming

Post by upandcoming »

BuddyRaton wrote:I'm wondering about heat. One of my personal problems is understanding the meaning of "stock". The lack of aftermarket items for the Blur has helped keep me out of trouble...that may now be in danger! :mrgreen:
I talked to the jiangwayne.com manager a while ago, I just wanted a price list of all available parts for my Blur (Gmax). He didn't provide anything and just kept asking what my price range was. I would've thought jiangwayne.com would have a great range of Taiwanese aftermarket parts etc as they have a branch in Taiwan and these bikes seem relatively popular there.

I've emailed the manufacturer for a price, and then I might go and talk to my scooter mechanic to see what he thinks. Doing this upgrade along with a performance exhaust and new air intake should improve performance somewhat. Also need to do the rollers at some point too.

If only the petrol tank wasn't so small.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

BuddyRaton wrote:I'm wondering about heat. One of my personal problems is understanding the meaning of "stock". The lack of aftermarket items for the Blur has helped keep me out of trouble...that may now be in danger! :mrgreen:
I would imagine it gets hot pretty quick. I'd love to see what the head looks like. A stock gy6 150 head is easily ported for more power. I picked 9 mph at wot from head swap and port on my 161. I've been looking for a blur power train.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

I just had my Blur in for a drive belt change(it was pretty worn at 4K but the rollers were fine). I asked about any other scooters which would be quicker than the Blur with the same feel. Nothing exists in the US market. I asked about motor upgrades and he said the same thing, heat will be an issue since it is not liquid cooled. I would be afraid the 254cc kit would be an issue as far as this is concerned. Why can't PGO come out with a liquid cooled 4 valve 220i? That would be one hell of a scooter.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

chickdr wrote:Why can't PGO come out with a liquid cooled 4 valve 220i? That would be one hell of a scooter.
It would be heavy. The handling and braking would be shot.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

BuddyRaton wrote:
chickdr wrote:Why can't PGO come out with a liquid cooled 4 valve 220i? That would be one hell of a scooter.
It would be heavy. The handling and braking would be shot.
I disagree. How heavy would the small cooling system required possibly be?(I just bought a CBR250 and it has a liquid cooled 4V 249cc motor and the bike is still quite light at 357lbs vs 320lbs for the Blur)
2wheelfun

Post by 2wheelfun »

Bikes and scoots have been running air cooled for 75 years and last 10s of 1000s of miles, I wouldn't worry about heat.