Bando CDI's no longer available from autotech355?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

k1dude

Bando CDI's no longer available from autotech355?

Post by k1dude »

I noticed autotech355 isn't selling Bando CDI's anymore on eBay. He still has Bando coils, but no CDI's. The AC CDI he's selling is by C.D.I. Unlimited:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-aluminum ... 35cf2e1677

Does anyone know if the C.D.I. Unlimited is any good? Or does anyone know another good source of Bando CDI's?

Also, which Bando coil are you supposed to use for a Buddy 125? I see there's one for "Yamaha Mio Honda GY6 50cc-150cc." Is that the one? Or is it the "Performance Bando Race Coil GY6 50cc-150cc?"
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

I wasn't aware the CDi is limited. I've hit 10k rpms while transmission tuning. It's very rare to see anything over 9k rpms. Unless your rollers are too light. The buddy really doesn't make much power past 8500 rpms. You could try scrappydogscooter. For parts. he has lots of generic gy6 stuff.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
bgwss

Post by bgwss »

I would recommend Buggy Parts Northwest, they have parts for 150cc engines that fit our scooters. I have ordered several parts and had good luck with them.
https://www.buggypartsnw.com
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

bgwss wrote:I would recommend Buggy Parts Northwest, they have parts for 150cc engines that fit our scooters. I have ordered several parts and had good luck with them.
https://www.buggypartsnw.com
So the 150cc stuff works on the 125? Cool. I wasn't sure since they only specified 150.

Any recommendations on which CDI/Coil combo to choose?
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Hmm. Now autotech355 seems to be MIA on eBay. When I try to look at his stuff I get this message:

"This seller is currently away, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later."

There's no listings and nothing currently in his/her store. So you can't buy anything from him/her right now. I hope everything is OK with him/her.

I guess buggypartsnw is the only option right now other than the crazy expensive stuff at Scooter Works.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Autotech does go for small vacations and is smart enough to set up a notice when doing so.

I would check back in a week or two, that's what I did with mine.

we have the cdi/coil on both our buddies and it's pretty easy to start even in super cold weather. Other than that I wouldn't go nuts for it if it I weren't already replacing the part.