Another comparitive...I know... Honda PCX vs Genuine.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Syd wrote:
Syd wrote:
neotrotsky wrote:...there was a dealer ad for a pink LX150 for $3299, but when I went to the dealer, they said it was a typo and they actually meant $4299...
I saw that on Saturday night, and it's still up today. If you had a mind to I'll bet you could get them to honor that price, with maybe a well placed mention of bait and switch. Then again, maybe not. VofC is associated with RideNow; let's just say I'm not a fan.
Funny they call it a typo, since it's not only shown at 3299 on their main page, as a special, but also is the listed price for each of three LX's in their Current inventory.
I was told by the finance guy that the pink LX's are on "Special": If you buy it, they will dismantle the bike and send the body up to the local paint shop to paint it any color you want since NO BODY is buying three pink LX150's. But, to me that just seems kind of a bad deal. I buy a new bike and I'm going to get a non-factory paintjob, at a new price? Not cool. Especially if they've worked out a "deal" with the body shop and they cheap out on the paint process. I don't want a fading, flaking paintjob in a year just to get an LX at MSRP. If anything I should be getting a discount since the bike is not factory, and I'm buying what amounts to factory seconds that just won't sell (and they are '09's if I remember right... might be wrong on that).

If they were to actually produce a $3299 Vespa LX150, I'd be interested. But, I still have a few weeks and better to go in armed to buy that way I'm not wasting their time AND haggling. I want a good deal, but I'm not going to be a dick about it. They deserve a little respect too (even if it does end up being a bait-and-switch)

I'm not saying anything bad about VofC at all! I mean, a "custom" paintjob (if you call a basic color change custom) isn't cheap no matter how you slice it. But, knowing I'm buying a bike that's been sitting around and not able to sell and then paying full price for it just seems...weird. Although the finance guy was trying to talk me out of putting a large downpayment on the bike and to stretch my payments out for 60 months :shock: I get it: You guys make money off the interest. But c'mon, I don't want to be paying on this thing for more than 18 months. It's a bike. Not an SUV or a house. That and I don't think my credit can take two finance payments unless I REALLY pony up some serious cash on the bike if I run short, which I'm fine with.

I don't know much about the Fiddle, so I don't know about getting one. Part of me is hoping that a Buddy may pop up for a stupid cheap price come the beginning of the fall semester in Tempe and I can grab that. I saw one at the beginning of the summer going for $1600 with only 4000 miles and was VERY tempted. I actually think it's now at VofC going for $2750 OTD. At $1600 I can kit that thing out and have a nice little rocket and just adjust to the small smallframe-ness :P Then there is finding a bashed up Stella (they do occasionally pop up) and bargain them down real low, and stick it in my mother-in-law's garage and build it up proper. It will mean taking the train to school for the next semester, but for a proper scooter it may be the option. That and if I do that I'll have to put off my FN-FAL project (agian!).

Again, Tuesday we will know more. Thanks again for everyone's opinions! They are helping me determine my options. Getting back on a scooter is one of the last parts of my physical (and mental) recovery after getting a clean bill of health, so I just want to make sure I do this right.
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
Keys

Post by Keys »

I used to work part-time for a dealer in Sedona. The Fiddle II is a fabulous little bike. Decent power, handles well...it just doesn't have heaps of pizzazz. You wouldn't go wrong with one.

--Keys
"Life without music would Bb"
Syd

Post by Syd »

Keys wrote:I used to work part-time for a dealer in Sedona. The Fiddle II is a fabulous little bike. Decent power, handles well...it just doesn't have heaps of pizzazz. You wouldn't go wrong with one.

--Keys
Yeah, I'm getting to like the Fiddle, now that it's finally broken in. But I sure do miss the HD200 :pine: How many miles do you have on yours, Keys?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Keys

Post by Keys »

I have just over 8300 miles...most of 'em two-up.

--Keys
"Life without music would Bb"
ggs34

pcx vs buddy 170

Post by ggs34 »

the honda has a much diffrent seat and postion more hp and better mpg

the 170i smaller wheel more feet room good power

which is faster?
which is better handling?

about the same price

which do you like better
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

Dang, this is an OLD thread!

Also, now the PCX is sold new as a 150cc with a slightly modified seat.

I've test ridden one and I still wonder if I should be on it instead of the Buddy. Time will tell. Or maybe I'll own both at sometime.

Anyway, these are two different scoots in the riding. At least in my experience.

The big wheels on the PCX offer more stability. The floorboard on the Buddy offers more utility.

PCX rides more stable and solid like a motorcycle. Buddy is sprightly and maneuverable like a scooter.

I think PCX is a tad faster than the Buddy 125, but the Buddy is quicker off the start.

You have to ride them yourself to see what you think.

Both platforms have cult-like followings.

Good thread to resurrect. Maybe some PCX riders will chime in...
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com