Gas/Oil Mix in carb box

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ankdworak

Gas/Oil Mix in carb box

Post by ankdworak »

I know this has probably been covered on this forum on multiple occasions, but I have oily black residue coating the engine side of my 2008 2T Stella. When I open the carb box there is gas/oil mix in the bottom/back of the carb. From there it leaks out of the back bolt (which I believe is the mixture screw) and ends up all over the engine area. It picks up dirt and debree from the road and just plain looks nasty. I have a carb gasket kit, new float, and new needle that I ordered to rebuild the carb. I thought I remember reading somewhere on this or MV that a bad needle (or perhaps float bowl) can lead to fuel escaping the carb system. I may be off on that. But I was wondering if anyone can point me to a thread and/or video that will show the intricacies and steps of disassembling and rebuilding the carb, as well as reassembly and tuning. Or also, if my uneducated assessment seems way off to you, please feel free to correct me. Any help would be much appreciated.
climbamt

Post by climbamt »

I am about to rebuild mine. I watched this video and it looks pretty manageable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ7eaFzQPSs

There are 5 parts.

Cheers,

~climbamt
05 Vespa GT200
03 Genuine Stella 2T
05 Kymco People 150
03 Kymco People 50
Tipper

Post by Tipper »

Sounds like 'spit back' to me,small amounts of unburnt mixture is being spat back out of the carb and pooling in the carb box.

It's nothing to worry about.
Rev_83

Post by Rev_83 »

I had the same problem. It typically is caused by blow back from the cylinder. I would check your reed.