Buying from Scooter Moda G.B.?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Elder Scoot

Buying from Scooter Moda G.B.?

Post by Elder Scoot »

There's a shop in Great Britain that sells LMLs and great LML accessories. They seem to be set up for international sales. Has anyone here in the U.S. had any experience with them?
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

Here is the gang you should ask:

http://www.lmlocgb.co.uk/phpBB3/

Just in case you are not aware, Genuine Stellas are marketed as LML Stars in the UK.
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

slotrod65 wrote:Here is the gang you should ask:

http://www.lmlocgb.co.uk/phpBB3/

Just in case you are not aware, Genuine Stellas are marketed as LML Stars in the UK.
Thanks.

I'm a member of that forum. I was trying the ascertain if there were any issues with sales from G.B. to the U.S. from that vendor.
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

They never responded to my e-mail. That says it all for me.
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

It amazes me how many places act like they don't want your business. I wrecked my car last year and could only get a replacement grill from a dealer in the UK. It took me 2 months to finally get through to someone. I ended up calling them because apparently doing business over e-mail isn't the done thing over there.
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

I had the same problem with Allstyles scooters in the UK. I placed an order and heard nothing. Repeated emails went unanswered. I finally had to open a paypal dispute. They were very apologetic and sent my order asap, but my emails had been going to their spam...
Tipper

Post by Tipper »

Peter Reid at scooter moda is a great guy and their customer service is second to none. I'm surprised that he didn't reply to your email.

If you are on Facebook get yourself on the lml owners club of Britain Facebook page and talk to Peter directly.
Tipper

Post by Tipper »

Just sent Peter a link to thi thread. He said that they forward any enquiries from your side of the pond on to genuine dealers over there.

I'm guessing shipping on most things isn't economical especially if the same item is available from a scooter shop closer to home.

The thing with a lot of uk parts places is that a lot of them are only 1 or 2 man outfits running the spares,scooter sales and workshop departments so they don't always get a chance to sift trough emails and occasionally things get over looked.

A phone call is usually a much better way of getting through but obviously this has a cost attached.

We still use carrier pigeons over her but I'm not sure if they would make it across the Atlantic.
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

Tipper wrote:Peter Reid at scooter moda is a great guy and their customer service is second to none. I'm surprised that he didn't reply to your email.

If you are on Facebook get yourself on the lml owners club of Britain Facebook page and talk to Peter directly.
On Scooter Moda's website when you place an order you give them your e-mail contact information and there is no necessity to deal with Facebook. A simple response is not all that complicated and is good business practice. I've bought what I needed from another vendor who wanted my business.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Elder Scoot wrote:
Tipper wrote:Peter Reid at scooter moda is a great guy and their customer service is second to none. I'm surprised that he didn't reply to your email.

On Scooter Moda's website when you place an order you give them your e-mail contact information and there is no necessity to deal with Facebook. A simple response is not all that complicated and is good business practice. I've bought what I needed from another vendor who wanted my business.
Care to say who the "other vendor" is and if you've had an easy way with them??
thanks..
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

jimmbomb wrote:
Elder Scoot wrote:

Care to say who the "other vendor" is and if you've had an easy way with them??
thanks..

I ended up getting another type of rack from Accessories International out of Florida. It was just a typical online transaction.

I may give Scooter Moda another chance sometime in the future.