2004 2T voltage regulator issue

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kaveman91KHS

2004 2T voltage regulator issue

Post by kaveman91KHS »

my headlight stopped working on my 2004 stella 2T . How do I check my regulator with my digital multimeter to see if it needs to be replaced ? I have full continuity from the regulator via grey wire to the high low switch ( just replaced the switch) and light connection but nothing is powering up the light and the errant fuel gauge.Any help would be much appreciated. My engine is a home built "TX" 200 with non electric start lml flywheel , LML stator and lml cdi ( to go with my 04 stella 2t's wiring harness) with minimum milage ( less than 700 miles on new engine) Any advice or help would be much appreciated. Thanks !
willc.
p.s. TX (PX type) 200 engine without electric start ( kickstart only) and no oil injection . The crankcase has the larger oval tube as a PX crankcase has, for the stator wiring to go though . IT does not have the smaller circle type tube a p series crankcase has. From digging online for info these were for the Vespa brand , but spanish manufactrured TX-200 scooters in Spain.
kaveman91KHS

issue fixed

Post by kaveman91KHS »

My issue has been dealt with ! Got no voltage to regulator ? Check the wiring coming from your stator assy besides the voltage regulator wiring and regulator itself. The issue I had was a broken wire that needed re-soldiering onto it. Once that was taken care of and the stator and flywheel put back on the crankcase the head lights worked. I am still not sure about my gas gauge . No worries about that issue.
Little things can cause huge headaches ! :D
Cheers !
willc.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Gas gauge on a Stella? no worries, it has a reserve style petcock, RIDE ON and switch to reserve when you run out of gas :). Glad you got it fixxed. Alvays look for the hard issues first, broken wires can be tough to find.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?